Euro time

MAG 1

Sep 1, 2016
So with turkey season over, and still on turkey withdrawal we decided it was time to use up some lead. Man was it the right call. Myself Phil and his boy jack went out and had a great shoot. Quit shooting at 10, and the birds were still flying. Great morning, and my new Benelli shoots really good. Great day.20190519_101904.jpg20190519_102009.jpg

Great score. I was just thinking the same thing - use up the lead on some Eurasions. Did you leave some for the rest of us? :)

Reactions: longbowhunter2
EUROS FABIAN, NOT MOURNING DOVES
How do you find the difference when they are flying??? I have checked images on the internet and they look very similar to me, the dark spot in different areas of their neck is the only thing I probaly will be able to see when they are flying.

Fabian,

After a small amount of looking at them in the wild flying, it's fairly easy (larger & square tail)....The hard ones are white-wings and Euros....Fortunately, not a lot of white-wings around.

Last edited:
How do you find the difference when they are flying??? I have checked images on the internet and they look very similar to me, the dark spot in different areas of their neck is the only thing I probaly will be able to see when they are flying.

Fabian,

In addition to what Steve said, euros are much steadier fliers than mournings, and are lighter in color and usually bigger. Almost pigeon-like in some ways.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu