Euros in the IV?

Loosenutswelding

Jul 16, 2018
My brother and I are looking to start hunting the IV and figured its never too early to start scouting before the season kicks off and get familiar with the lay of the land and we figured we will look for some euros while we’re down there. We are planning on doing some dove and duck hunting this season. Do you guys know if we can look for euros in the wister area now or is it closed? or what way would you guys recommend? Not looking for specific locations just what way to head and do some scouting and maybe shoot a few euros. Thanks guys

LNW,

Welcome to SCH.....Wister is open after you sign in (kiosk near the headquarters)....Not open for hunting though.....Euro shooting ain't what it used to be with the closure of almost all feed lots.....Still birds down there, just hard to find good concentrations.....Good luck

My brother and I are looking to start hunting the IV and figured its never too early to start scouting before the season kicks off and get familiar with the lay of the land and we figured we will look for some euros while we’re down there. We are planning on doing some dove and duck hunting this season. Do you guys know if we can look for euros in the wister area now or is it closed? or what way would you guys recommend? Not looking for specific locations just what way to head and do some scouting and maybe shoot a few euros. Thanks guys

Here's a few tips that have helped me in scouting and finding new spots:

Use Google Earth to find where the feedlots and graineries are, and then look nearby for where treelines may butt up to wildland or river areas. Then scout those areas early in the morning, looking to see their flight paths between roost and feed. Also pay attention to nearby fields to see what crops may be cut, harvested, etc.

Here's a few tips that have helped me in scouting and finding new spots:

Use Google Earth to find where the feedlots and graineries are, and then look nearby for where treelines may butt up to wildland or river areas. Then scout those areas early in the morning, looking to see their flight paths between roost and feed. Also pay attention to nearby fields to see what crops may be cut, harvested, etc.
Thanks for the tips man. I appreciate it and i will keep looking on google earth

So we finished work around 3 today and headed straight to the IV. Got here around 5:30 and stayed till sunset for a quick afternoon euro hunt. We managed to Do a little bit of scouting and Ended up With 7 and lost two. I really want to thank Rick (ivhunter) for pointing us in the right direction. Cant wait till the morning to do it all over again and start scouting some new spots

Attachments

• 3B8849CE-6762-4F14-9EFF-7640F815E705.jpeg
    3B8849CE-6762-4F14-9EFF-7640F815E705.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 30
Ended up having a really nice weekend, Scouted different spots and ended up with a good little bunch. Cant wait to go back down again. Thanks for your help guys. can’t wait till the seasons kick off

.C8E95B9E-ED88-4BCA-A173-38FD2A06AA5D.jpegB9BCE4A8-2A24-410E-94B7-A06D0945E62D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the Benelli Nova , they get the job done... ruged enough for the valley. Good to see you guy’s put a few together. Congrats

Reactions: Loosenutswelding

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu