Fartiing off may have costed me a motor ?

Guilty on all accounts. It's funny my wife says I drive like a grandma until I'm going hunting or fishing then the kid comes back out to play.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Reactions: OPAH and MAG 1
SHIT !

yes my engine in my Toyota 4X4 let go, had to blame myself on that one, so I count my blessings and take my Big ass Yukon 8.1 3/4 ton 4X4 in stead it does great with no issues, then yesterday I came into work on my off day just to pick up my co phone, ( boss getting up set I am not carrying it 24/7? ).
Getting on the freeway about 60 it gets squirrely the rear end starts difting to the lower side of the freeway and my oil pressure drops to 0, Bang bang Clatter clatter and the motor is toast. 2 freaking motors in just about as many weeks. Now we will find out what a rebuild for a 8.1 monster motor runs.
The Toyota motor is a 1MZ-FE is a 3.0-liter V6 gasoline engine produced by Toyota from 1993 to 2007 as a replacement for the 3VZ-FE. Back in the day, this engine is also not going to be cheap either. Yes I look at the blessing even with the motors letting go, either one could have left me 250 + miles away from home instead of 10 miles. figuring for both engines 10K

SHIT !

yes my engine in my Toyota 4X4 let go, had to blame myself on that one, so I count my blessings and take my Big ass Yukon 8.1 3/4 ton 4X4 in stead it does great with no issues, then yesterday I came into work on my off day just to pick up my co phone, ( boss getting up set I am not carrying it 24/7? ).
Getting on the freeway about 60 it gets squirrely the rear end starts difting to the lower side of the freeway and my oil pressure drops to 0, Bang bang Clatter clatter and the motor is toast. 2 freaking motors in just about as many weeks. Now we will find out what a rebuild for a 8.1 monster motor runs.
The Toyota motor is a 1MZ-FE is a 3.0-liter V6 gasoline engine produced by Toyota from 1993 to 2007 as a replacement for the 3VZ-FE. Back in the day, this engine is also not going to be cheap either. Yes I look at the blessing even with the motors letting go, either one could have left me 250 + miles away from home instead of 10 miles. figuring for both engines 10K
That spelled new truck in my book. Maybe new used one.

Did you kill anything? I hope you did with all the truck problems your having. There has to be a silver lining. Trophy grade animal?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Hopefully I will get the quote on the 8.1 tomorrow Monday.
Figured to get them rebuilt for 10 to 15 K and have two new trucks without payments. Baby the crap out of them and let my Grand kids figure out what to do with them in 15 years from now.

Hopefully I will get the quote on the 8.1 tomorrow Monday.
Figured to get them rebuilt for 10 to 15 K and have two new trucks without payments. Baby the crap out of them and let my Grand kids figure out what to do with them in 15 years from now.
Go short block

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu