Fartiing off may have costed me a motor ?

OPAH

Sep 20, 2021
I was heading down the freeway to go to Bass Pro Shop to buy my license and Pig Tags when this Dodge Dayton Jumps All over my arss, so being a typical guy I jump on it. 100 MPH into A freeway interchange and my truck Dies, No sound, no noise, just dies, I did notice that my oil lamp came one just for a second before it died.
So I got a car hauler and towed It home, now getting it on the Car hauler it drove right on but had some clattering when I got Home I drove it off of the trailer and it sounded normal ?
I do have an oil leak and I was low on oil, but not engine killer low, so it is the Yukon I take on the hunt, I figure I will check the toy out when I get back. I believe that the side force of the corner cause the oil to wash to the side and the oil pump caught some air and registered a low oil which shut the truck down? Hoping ay ways.
Figure New oil and I should be fine ? other wise it is off to the rebuilders. Any Ideas ?

What year and motor? Could be possible

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

You are better of in the Yukon. Never trust imperial junk.

Last edited:
2003 V6 DOHC, been a good truck, but I do Have My Hunting truck a 96 ZR2 S10 4.3 Vortec V6, and My 05 GMC Yukon XL 3/4 ton 4X4, 8.1 with a dual transmission one for city and one for towing.
So do I need the Tacoma ?

There is a following for these trucks, bet I could get some decent cash for it

It was my 16 year old ego that said to go faster than the other guy.
Just hyped up on adrenaline and testosterone wanting to get out and hunt. Sad I know and it could be a 3 to 4 thousand dollar reminder.
But I take full responsibility for my actions.

I get tempted with road rage all the time...but I say to myself fk him...is not worth risking a ticket or worse so I slow down and count til 10...it helps.

I get tempted with road rage all the time...but I say to myself fk him...is not worth risking a ticket or worse so I slow down and count til 10...it helps.
Yup, with so many people packing these days it's just best to let it go.

Reactions: sportyg
Thought opah was shooting dozens of hogs on a refuge that he care takes...with the intention to blow them up with hyperdermic needles powered from an air compressor....and shooting his browning bar decked out specifically for swine?? What the hell did I miss??? Opah?? What happened? 100mph road rage with 16 years olds...oh man..

What a bunch of old ladys, you all know you have put a pedal to the metal on a open road, or plowed a field with donuts just because it was there or practiced your counter steering on a snow or mud covered road out no where. Hell you have to blow the carbon out of the valves and cylinders every now and again.
You just keep counting to ten and worrying about who has or has not a gun, Oh my god and don't flash your high beams back at someone driving with their High beams on and blinding you.

Yes getting ready for my Hunt 4 days for the final packing, I did get my License and 4 Tags a couple packs of Havalon scalpel packs and my food,, guess what my cousin got me ? A go pro Camera so not I can video the Hog inflation, Cool !
So Hyped up, so ready to go

No road rage, it was early morning, A Clear freeway and a beautiful long slopping Down hill Left hand on ramp to the 15, it felt right at the time, it felt great up in tell the engine stopped.
And yes that V8 Daytona walked right by me, good looking Car, Hood scoops, spoilers hell it even sounded great as it went by.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu