Finally got my first turkey

punkur67

Apr 12, 2014
Finally after several years of disappointment I finally bagged a turkey with the help from some great guys.

The birds were on top of us right after they flew down but would not get in our line of sight. They went back and forth for over an hour right to the side of us but we couldn't take a shot. We had some Jake's and hens walk up on our set but the Tom's would not come to us. Finally after calling from farther down the hill the Tom's came in behind us. I slowly turned and drew my gun and got this guy. It was amazing to hear someone call that had the skills and experience. I thought I could call OK but after today I know I have a ton to work on

Had an 8" beard and 1" spurs

Jeffy2.jpg

Jeffy1.jpg

Wow - Nice job Jeff. That is a great turkey. Totally stoked for you brother. Super post and way to continue to stay with it.

Reactions: punkur67

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu