Finally Shot my Muzzleloader

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Got out and shot my new muzzleloader with @BBH. For my first time shooting a ML it was actually much easier than I thought. The CVA Accura, globe sites, 100g Pyrodex pellets, and 250g Barnes should be a pretty deadly set up for my M6 tag this fall.
Check out the slow mo video of me shooting off the Tricer GTP-RS legs. Prone to standing I love these legs!

That looks like a sweet rifle. It seems to pack a punch. But I don't know anything about MLs.

Reactions: TRICER
Good stuff dude..they work extremley well..big holes..the kids have all shot deer with the CVA.
100gr of white hot pellets..same ballistic tip 250 barnes...love those M tags...have a few booked this season..gotta thin some old bats out that are laying around sucking up oxygen and doing nothing but eating..Kapoow!!

I want to try the White Hot Pellets. The Pyrodex was crazy dirty. Even after one shot it was tough to get another bullet down the barrel. We cleaned every other shot.
Pyrodex burns really dirty. It has cost me shots while hunting and also makes it hard to clean. Very corrosive in my opinion.

Pyrodex burns really dirty. It has cost me shots while hunting and also makes it hard to clean. Very corrosive in my opinion.
All muzzle loader propellants (777, black powder, pyrodex ) are more corrosive than smokeless. I only use black powder either Goex or Swiss in my Hawken. When cleaning, I first use hot water with a little Dawn dish washing liquid in it. Then some WD-40 to flush any remaining moisture and finish off with a swab of gun oil.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu