First Lite

RKE

Dec 24, 2018
I might be late to the party here, but I just found out that they discontinued the Cipher pattern. I was given a BS explanation about always striving to put out the best patterns, but honestly, it seems like a marketing gimmick and as a consumer, leaves me with no confidence in their brand.

I know camo is a hot topic, and always debated, but if you are considering First Lite, I’d think twice.

That's ironic given their newest pattern is solid black...

I'm sure they will sell a ton of it. Some people just have to have the newest stuff just to be "fashionable" I guess.

Yep, Drew, it appears that your foot wear is Kennetrek. I've been using that for over fourteen years, good stuff, As you mentioned camo is not that important. I like your choice in colors and gear style. You got my vote on clothing gear as well as colors and as well as foot wear. Good luck going forward on this hunt...

Reactions: TRICER
Yep, Drew, it appears that your foot wear is Kennetrek. I've been using that for over fourteen years, good stuff, As you mentioned camo is not that important. I like your choice in colors and gear style. You got my vote on clothing gear as well as colors and as well as foot wear. Good luck going forward on this hunt...
Ya I have Hard scrabbles and Mt Extremes. Great boots.

Solids are where it’s at! I am in love with their puffy it is a new staple in my pack. Their merino shirts are awesome as well. Bottom line I am a fan View attachment 60657

I use their brooks down as my puffy. weighs next to nothing and keeps me warm with merino baselayers to single digit weather.

I agree on the solid colors, their brown and green are great.

I'm a Sitka guy for my camo but have a bunch of First Lite gear too in solids. Their merino base layers and t-shirts are the bomb. I also recently bought one of their waxed cotton Stormy Kromer hats. That thing is damn comfortable and warm as all get out. Looks kind of dorky in a mid-western kind of way but I'm okay with that

I'm a Sitka guy for my camo but have a bunch of First Lite gear too in solids. Their merino base layers and t-shirts are the bomb. I also recently bought one of their waxed cotton Stormy Kromer hats. That thing is damn comfortable and warm as all get out. Looks kind of dorky in a mid-western kind of way but I'm okay with that

I have multiple Stormy Kromer hats and love them all. I didn't know First Lite offered a camo one.

I have multiple Stormy Kromer hats and love them all. I didn't know First Lite offered a camo one.
The hat is actually not camo, regular tan waxed cotton. It has a camo liner on the "flap" thingy.
peUyBN.jpg

Reactions: ke1234567
YETI, you're a dork. ha ha ha

I've been using UA Ridge Reaper for 4-5 years. Switched to Kuiu Valo for the 2024 season. I did get the Kuiu LT down in solid brown, which I prefer. But I've loved the Valo since it first came out. Seems to be one of the more consistent camo patterns for western big game.

I have several pairs of their Moreno wool long Johns. They have not held up to well.

love my Kuiu synthetic zip offs.

Same. Mine are great, I could never go back to non-zip ones.

That said, mine are starting to lose their stitching. IMO, no matter how much you pay there is only so much you can expect from ultra-lite clothes.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu