First opener, fun morning

SurfNHuntSD

Oct 1, 2013
San Diego
www.sandiegoturkey.com
Late to the dove party here but thought I'd post up anyway. Kyle (SigAlert) and I hit the valley today and had a fun morning of shooting. Not my first dove shoot but it was my first opener in the IV.. pretty cool to see everyone lining the fields and all the shots heard at dawn. I ended up with 5 mournings, 3 white wings, and 5 euros. Kyle about the same. Fun time down there.

5ff06b9615ffc5ea292334c799b871aa.jpg

Congrats Jason & Kyle............ 8)

Sounds like a fun morning............The opener is always special.......... ;)

2dogs1name said:
Nice job, was it crowded? I'm heading down there Friday for "my" opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes but depends where u are. Our spot at dawn we were pretty much by ourselves for a good hour before others showed up and setup around us. But having em there may have actually helped to push birds toward us and others. When we left u could see from the highway all the hunters lining the fields.

Never was into bird hunting until today!!!! I loved it i bet you had the same reaction as well!! Good job man

Best part about it....Jason shoots a dove and almost caught it on the kamikaze drop one handed....

Sounds like fun guys. Wish I could have been out there but it's fun seeing your reports.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu