First rain thread of the season

On a fishing trip to big bear Lake three weeks ago , I bet I saw 700 Mallards , My buddy and I tried to count a group , we came up 260 to 270 in one group . I brought up the fact that there were big bunches all over the lake ! With all this snow they have to go somewhere !
20191129_153249.jpg
Big Bear got a little dusting to say the least.. our cabin driveway this morning per my bro-in-law. Glad we didn't go.. I ain't shoveling that.

• Wow
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Yeah, it needs to be bone dry to fix it. There are several of these in W12. Hard to maintain water levels when you have big holes in your dikes.
We need to keep a running list of issues like these. If guys want to post observations or pics, I'll maintain the list.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I just heard the Highline has multiple breaks so no one is getting water at this time. Not sure how much down stream damage that was caused or what is needed to make the repairs.

Matt,. Can you expand on no one? Exactly who does this affect?

Not sure exactly who. Depends on where the canal failed. I don't have locations but wherever the first one is at, anyone north & west of there to the Alamo would be cut off from my understanding. I would expect this to be priority one for IID.

Reactions: duck-boy

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu