First rain thread of the season

Well, here's my no BS report. I have never seen so much water, it looked like news footage you see when a river floods in the midwest. Steps of the trailer I stay in were under water. Watched guys in another campsite put on waders and retrieve their mostly submerged generator. Leaving the campground at 2:30 am I tried to drive into the Y14 field because I couldn't tell where Davis road was. The trip I made down Davis was alternating between drift wood and bamboo on top of sludge and flood waters getting close to my hubs on the 35's. The only truck I know of that went farther south than me got stuck and was waiting for a tow truck at the check station. Heard the 4 trucks that went down Honker road got stuck but can't confirm. Made it safely in time to find I have a roof leaking flooding my dining room and exterior drainage that was clogged so the front of my house looked like the campground.
It rained as hard as it can rain there last night but this hasn't happened before. I think the highway/sinkhole construction has altered the drainage. The canal by the campground appears the have breached over the road at some point.

i am sorry for all the trouble, but POST SOME PHOTOS! we can not sit here at work and fully understand the wister pain unless we see pics!

LOL! Hazard just got popular again.

Sorry to hear about the flood at home Jeff. Hopefully your insurance will cover it.

I woke up at 3 to go and pick my spot and the camp ground was under water. Flowing water. Trailer entry door pallets gone nowhere to be seen. Fire wood gone. Ice chest gone. Canal north of camp ground overflowed flooding the camp. Picked my spot and went back to bed. Woke up at shooting time and water was now receded to ponds and mud. Davis road south of wigeon was under water. 3 trucks stuck on honker road. Crazy morning

i am sorry for all the trouble, but POST SOME PHOTOS! we can not sit here at work and fully understand the wister pain unless we see pics!
Never took a pic or video. So focused on getting in and out I never thought about multi tasking.

I woke up at 3 to go and pick my spot and the camp ground was under water. Flowing water. Trailer entry door pallets gone nowhere to be seen. Fire wood gone. Ice chest gone. Canal north of camp ground overflowed flooding the camp. Picked my spot and went back to bed. Woke up at shooting time and water was now receded to ponds and mud. Davis road south of wigeon was under water. 3 trucks stuck on honker road. Crazy morning
More importantly.. how was the shoot?

Reactions: Old Quack 49
Looks like more water and snow coming, well most of you probably already getting it. Still waiting down here in the IV... clouds and cold weather are here. Stay safe boys n girls. Post up some pics!!

I figured the IV would get a little rain but not as much as it did, this early. If this continues every week or even every other week, the roads will be rough all season. I hate driving on them after they've had a few days to dry out. Talk about rough.

Ventura rained pretty good like 2 in. Thinkin this cold front should bring something?

On a fishing trip to big bear Lake three weeks ago , I bet I saw 700 Mallards , My buddy and I tried to count a group , we came up 260 to 270 in one group . I brought up the fact that there were big bunches all over the lake ! With all this snow they have to go somewhere !

On a fishing trip to big bear Lake three weeks ago , I bet I saw 700 Mallards , My buddy and I tried to count a group , we came up 260 to 270 in one group . I brought up the fact that there were big bunches all over the lake ! With all this snow they have to go somewhere !
To Baldwin Lake if it's get 2" of water.

Heads up... Andrew mentioned that Wister won't get more water until after these storms roll through. If you hunt skinny water, be prepared.
Davis is rough, but passable. The intersection with Beach is flooded/muddy, and the bridge at Scaup is sketchy as hell. Recommend coming in from the top from English.
Campground has gone from soupy mess to sticky muddy mess...still a mess.

camp.jpg

Reactions: chessie and jth

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu