First Upland Experience!!!

HunterMcBuckKiller

Oct 20, 2020
Polk County, OR
Had my first upland hunt on Sunday and it was for released pheasant.
Spent about four hours walking the corn fields and rivers edge and managed to bag 4 of those roosters,
These ditch chickens are delicious when cooked right and fun as all get out to hunt!!
The old man who runs the farm joined me with his dog and watching her work the field and river bank was most of the fun. I may have been bitten by the upland bug... It was a hell of a time!!
Now to find a good breeder and start training a dog of my own so I can get into the eastern part of the state to find wild ones.
phesant 1.jpgphesant2.jpgphesant3.jpgphesant4.jpg

Bitten by the upland bug , it is contagious . On some deer hunts I have seen baby quail and a ton of adults . I cant wait . Mcbuckkil it should be a great upland season . Great pictures .

Reactions: HunterMcBuckKiller
Congratulations on your successful upland hunt and bagging those pheasants! Upland hunting can be truly addictive, and training your own dog for it sounds like a great idea. Enjoy the journey into eastern state hunting for wild pheasants—it's a fantastic adventure!

Congratulations on your successful upland hunt and bagging those pheasants! Upland hunting can be truly addictive, and training your own dog for it sounds like a great idea. Enjoy the journey into eastern state hunting for wild pheasants—it's a fantastic adventure!
Deposit made on a Male GSP, I should have in hand no later than April of next year, Good line, Coming out of Idaho. Now to binge on youtube training videos and finding a good trainer near me.

Deposit made on a Male GSP, I should have in hand no later than April of next year, Good line, Coming out of Idaho. Now to binge on youtube training videos and finding a good trainer near me.
What is the price tag on one and what part of Idaho. I live out in ID and definitely can't wait to get into a house by this time next year..First thing I wanna do is get a dog and leaning towards a GSP.

What is the price tag on one and what part of Idaho. I live out in ID and definitely can't wait to get into a house by this time next year..First thing I wanna do is get a dog and leaning towards a GSP.
They are just south of Idaho falls.
$1,250 for a pup, must put a $350 down payment, Im not on social media but they have a facebook and Instagram if you do.
The price isn't bad for 6th gen GSP purebred I've seen them up to $2,500. Let me know if you end up pulling the trigger. would be cool if our dogs were from the same litter.

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
They are just south of Idaho falls.
$1,250 for a pup, must put a $350 down payment, Im not on social media but they have a facebook and Instagram if you do.
The price isn't bad for 6th gen GSP purebred I've seen them up to $2,500. Let me know if you end up pulling the trigger. would be cool if our dogs were from the same litter.
Super cool! Thanks for the info

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu