Food While Turkey Hunting

surfcity

I don't play nice with baby killing gun grabbers
Jan 20, 2014
Huntington Beach
www.nra.com
Howdy,

A burning question I have for everyone.

I don't know about some of you but I get pretty nervous the night before I hunt and early morning.
I can usually hammer a Protein shake in the morning before I hit the trail. However when I get out into the field and I plan on being under a tree for a long period of time I find sometimes what I packed is nothing I feel like eating. Creating any kind of noise also keeps me from satisfying the hunger pains. Anybody else face this dilemma I do jerkey trail mix fruit rolls protein bars...the only thing that really sets the mood and is satifying to me is jerkey. The other stuff seems to take up a lot of spit out there...

So my question is, what does everybody else eat out there while you are waiting on Mr Gobbler?

I don't usually get a good night sleep the night before due to going to bed to late.( this year it was too many whiskey sours with lungpopper and web1) But I grab a breakfast jack on the way up at 4:00am and I take a turkey sandwich for lunch hour, and I have an apple and cookies for snackage. But it sounds like you might want to throw in a valium with your jerkey. ;)

LOL...
I am serious I know its an off the wall question but there can be long days out there, you get hungry. And if I am hungover that its really tough towards the days work.

I stopped bringing turkey sammys cuz I thought they were bad JuJu if you know what I mean. Now if Jack in the Box came out with the Turkey Egg Breakfast Jack I would be all over that!

Just looking for different idea's

I don't hunt turkey due to no turkey's anyplace close. But I take jerky water and cliff bars. If I'm worried about noise I take the bar out of the wrapper when I leave the truck. One bar and some jerky for moral works for me. I also confess I have hit up jack at 3am on the at out.

I prefer banana,apple,orange comes with its own biodegradable package, im usually in a popup or ground blind to conceal any movement , my week spot after sitting for hours is the bladder #overfifty ??? ???

I am all about a big ass breakfast! I love American Breakfasts And hitting Jack in the crack at 3am with a hot cup of coffee! Yeah baby!

I don't know if this was such a good idea...

I'm not usually hungry before I go hunting so I'll drink a coca cola and eat a granola bar and eat a few more when I'm hunting I'm not the healthiest eater when I go hunting

Rarely eat much before hunting......Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and a banana......I'm good till mid morning.....If I'm unting all day, I'll have fruit, water, and bars with me......Usually pretty hungry by the end...... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu