Food While Turkey Hunting

surfcity

I don't play nice with baby killing gun grabbers
Howdy,

A burning question I have for everyone.

I don't know about some of you but I get pretty nervous the night before I hunt and early morning.
I can usually hammer a Protein shake in the morning before I hit the trail. However when I get out into the field and I plan on being under a tree for a long period of time I find sometimes what I packed is nothing I feel like eating. Creating any kind of noise also keeps me from satisfying the hunger pains. Anybody else face this dilemma I do jerkey trail mix fruit rolls protein bars...the only thing that really sets the mood and is satifying to me is jerkey. The other stuff seems to take up a lot of spit out there...

So my question is, what does everybody else eat out there while you are waiting on Mr Gobbler?

I don't usually get a good night sleep the night before due to going to bed to late.( this year it was too many whiskey sours with lungpopper and web1) But I grab a breakfast jack on the way up at 4:00am and I take a turkey sandwich for lunch hour, and I have an apple and cookies for snackage. But it sounds like you might want to throw in a valium with your jerkey. ;)

LOL...
I am serious I know its an off the wall question but there can be long days out there, you get hungry. And if I am hungover that its really tough towards the days work.

I stopped bringing turkey sammys cuz I thought they were bad JuJu if you know what I mean. Now if Jack in the Box came out with the Turkey Egg Breakfast Jack I would be all over that!

Just looking for different idea's

I just go big at Jack-in-the-Box in the a.m. with a loaded breakfast sandwich and call it good all day. Open 24 hrs haha. Sometimes it doesn't feel too great in the stomach while hiking out though.

I don't hunt turkey due to no turkey's anyplace close. But I take jerky water and cliff bars. If I'm worried about noise I take the bar out of the wrapper when I leave the truck. One bar and some jerky for moral works for me. I also confess I have hit up jack at 3am on the at out.

I prefer banana,apple,orange comes with its own biodegradable package, im usually in a popup or ground blind to conceal any movement , my week spot after sitting for hours is the bladder #overfifty ??? ???

I am all about a big ass breakfast! I love American Breakfasts And hitting Jack in the crack at 3am with a hot cup of coffee! Yeah baby!

I don't know if this was such a good idea...

I'm not usually hungry before I go hunting so I'll drink a coca cola and eat a granola bar and eat a few more when I'm hunting I'm not the healthiest eater when I go hunting

Rarely eat much before hunting......Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and a banana......I'm good till mid morning.....If I'm unting all day, I'll have fruit, water, and bars with me......Usually pretty hungry by the end...... ;)

Back