Game meat for trade?

notahunter

Oct 8, 2014
I apologize for asking what may be an incredibly dumb question, but I'm a very enthusiastic home cook who would LOVE having access to any kind of game meat. Unfortunately I don't have any friends who hunt, but I'd like to make some! I could trade home-grown fruits and veggies or food items made from your game (shelf-stable canned stocks/broths, sausages, etc). In the coming months I'll have peas, green beans, celery, leeks, etc. and in the summer I grow a TON of heirloom tomatoes, peaches, figs, onions, garlic, bell peppers, and other goodies. I almost always have beets, salad greens, carrots, kale, rainbow chard, and herbs. I am also happy to plant special requests :) Is this a crazy request or would someone with an excess of meat want to trade food?

Some forum members are great hunters and do harvest a lot of game per season, you might be able to find some luck with your request. Goodluck!

I don't. I am somewhat interested in hunting and if I hang around these forums long enough I might end up trying it :) Aside from the fact that I've never handled a gun in my life it lines up with my interests pretty nicely. I'm mainly into the food, though.

FYI. It is against the law to sale barter or trade wild game or fish. You may gift it, but you can not use it for personal gain. Im not trying to be a hard azz, I just don't want to see anyone get in trouble. So lets be careful how this is worded. It sounds like you have one heck of a garden. What area are you in? And what kind of wild game dish do you have in mind?

Notahunter,

Don't take offense but that was definitely a unique first post. If you are the real deal and have honest intentions you'll need to do a lot more convincing. I'd recommend you get to a hunter safety class, pick up your hunting license then start bagging your own wild game. It will go great with your homegrown veggies. ;)

Hahahaha. I'll give u 10lbs of elk burger .

And a whole ass end quarter from a goat I shot in January

Just pm me!

It's free.

Welcome to the forum Officer. May I suggest going somewhere like ranch 99 markets theirs always selling weird **** their that can't be legal. Instead of trying to make one of us do something illegal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can buy game meat online farm raised.......same stuff they serve in the restaurants

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu