Game meat for trade?

There is online meat that is available. Also, you might try a Whole Foods market. I remember years ago researching and finding that Whole Foods sold venison that was raised in Australia.

I doubt that anyone is going to get involved in something they could lose a license over.

High end meat shops sell game. Seissel's (sp?) on Morena blvd in San Diego for example.

Well, FWIW, the regulations state that you cannot sell wild game. A lawyer might be able to tell you if "trading" is considered to be "selling". It isn't in the real world, but court isn't the real world.

jaymz said:
Well, FWIW, the regulations state that you cannot sell wild game. A lawyer might be able to tell you if "trading" is considered to be "selling". It isn't in the real world, but court isn't the real world.

Per the Migratory Game Bird Act......

The Migratory Bird Treaty Act makes it illegal for anyone to take, possess, import, export, transport, sell, purchase, barter, or offer for sale, purchase, or barter, any migratory bird, or the parts, nests, or eggs of such a bird except under the terms of a valid permit issued pursuant to Federal Canada Goose Credit: Tim Bowmanregulations. The migratory bird species protected by the Act are listed in 50 CFR 10.13.

Big game as far as I know only says selling......But trading or bartering could be determined as selling as you mentioned.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu