Game processing SD county

The good one's are gone.( T&h Meats in San Marcos.) Jacob sold it a few years ago and then it died, I know nothing about those that reccomend other places other than they did no come up on the radar when T&H was around. Best bet- do it yourself, it's not that hard....

Reactions: AVKNY
Doing it yourself may seem like a daunting task to start but worth it. Tons of youtube and shows out there to help.

Tip top meats on Carlsbad just off the 5
The only real Butcher in the area that I know. Call them to find prices.
Big John I think is now in his late 70s but his boys are well trained.
If you eat there, try the pork Osso Bucco

When I was working down south of Carlsbad I would go there for lunch a lot of the time. That was when Andersons was still there. Once in a while I would go in there for split pea soup but Tip Top was still my favorite. There is a real good wild game processor in San Pedro called South Shore Meat. I have taken wild pig and Elk to them and really like the finished produce I get. The place in Garden Grove is good also but they are a little pricey.

The only real Butcher in the area that I know. Call them to find prices.
Big John I think is now in his late 70s but his boys are well trained.
If you eat there, try the pork Osso Bucco
Seen the pictures of that and always wanted to try it..gotta make the trip up soon.

Also the only place I know that you can buy a TurDucken during the holidays!

My last elk was done at tip top, only complaint too much fat in my grind.
Specialty meets I used in the past for elk no complaints.
I guess this year's elk I'll try Bisher's in Ramona.

Good evening,
I have beef I am going to cut soon. Was recommended a gal in Alpine by the name of Elaine under the name Country Smoke house. I cannot find anything on them or her. Does anyone have any insight ?. I guess she's busy during hunting season.
Any feedback would be great.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu