Get um while you can...it's about to go down...

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
Deer herd on Catalina gonna get eliminated by the "professionals"...story in L A Times...what a shame ..gotta save the native crab grass I guess...what would Larry do?

Screenshot_20231001-084238~3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We need um at granny's...we lost 7 bucks since August 12th... well..their not lost...their just in the cooler..time to restock for next year .

Back in the day my dad would hunt pig,goats on Catalina. When I went over during the holidays his pool room had all the mounts I couldn't what to be able to hunt nice to see my son has become a excellent hunter

IMG_20230917_194147.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: aeverett152
Killed many in the 80s ..when it was a free for all...16 arrow quivers were a must...Santa Cruz was also a blood bath .those were the days .

Reactions: DMAX
CFW has always said that those deer belong to the people of California. They put them there, set the seasons and managed them. They didn't care about the goats, pigs, bison, blackbuck and even whitetail deer. I guess they caved... terrible.

If the nature conservancy is claiming that it's their land, they can do what they want... does this set precedent for all private landowners in California?

Sinking ship... Ed F

Reactions: skeet
The Santa Cruz ..Santa Rosa ..and Catalina days are a mear memory now....I hate Ca...

Reactions: QuailSlayer
They hate all animals on the island besides the island fox and birds. They even have the Bison on birth control, the bison are icons so they get a pass.
Conservancy is a F-ing joke.

Made my longest shot on a deer over there in 2008, 504 yard throat punch. The old gal never had a chance.

What is the Conservancys agenda anyways? And how do they get to authority to dictate what happens on the island? It just does not make logical sense.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu