Gobbles All Morning

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
I heard gobbles in three different places this morning. My favorite spot had 21 hens with 7 nice toms strutten all around them. The hills were nice and green the ponds are filling back up and water was perking out of the ground every where I went. Boy what a nice feeling. Populations are down right now but a few wet winters will make a big difference.

Attachments

• 20160213_095638-1-1.jpg
    20160213_095638-1-1.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 44
Doug,

Damn glad to hear & see.....Scouted Thursday and never put a visual on a turkey (did hear some).....I did see 6 nice longbeards on the way back from the IV on Friday (MCC).

Didn't hear any gobbles this morning but saw a flock of about 20 (boys and girls) and 2 hens together in a different location....Both on private!! ???

I found two roosts last night a 2 mile drive and then a 3 mile hike away from my house. Big flocks too that were gobbling like crazy. Probably 50 birds. Ohhh and did I mention on public land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke,

Nice find.....Now you just need to be able to close the deal......... ;D

ps.....Went out this morning myself.... ;)

Attachments

• 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    723.1 KB · Views: 31
My bet is just like the last few years by the time the season opens the hens will have mostly been breed

I've seen little poults in September......Just hens renesting (they'll try up to 3 times as long as they don't hatch any)...... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu