Gobbles All Morning

invisible man

Walk The Line
I heard gobbles in three different places this morning. My favorite spot had 21 hens with 7 nice toms strutten all around them. The hills were nice and green the ponds are filling back up and water was perking out of the ground every where I went. Boy what a nice feeling. Populations are down right now but a few wet winters will make a big difference.

Attachments

• 20160213_095638-1-1.jpg
    20160213_095638-1-1.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 44
Doug,

Damn glad to hear & see.....Scouted Thursday and never put a visual on a turkey (did hear some).....I did see 6 nice longbeards on the way back from the IV on Friday (MCC).

Didn't hear any gobbles this morning but saw a flock of about 20 (boys and girls) and 2 hens together in a different location....Both on private!! ???

I found two roosts last night a 2 mile drive and then a 3 mile hike away from my house. Big flocks too that were gobbling like crazy. Probably 50 birds. Ohhh and did I mention on public land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke,

Nice find.....Now you just need to be able to close the deal......... ;D

ps.....Went out this morning myself.... ;)

Attachments

• 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    723.1 KB · Views: 31
My bet is just like the last few years by the time the season opens the hens will have mostly been breed

MJB said:
My bet is just like the last few years by the time the season opens the hens will have mostly been breed

No doubt!.......Man, it's hot up here in Esco....... :mad:

MJB said:
I bet.. 2 seasons ago I saw poults on the ground before the season started.

I've seen little poults in September......Just hens renesting (they'll try up to 3 times as long as they don't hatch any)...... ;)

Back