Going to try local for dove

By the way I am perfectly fine with people hunting dove anywhere on public as long as the season is open.

Reminds me of a few years back during D16 general season I hear shotgun blasts maybe 300 yards away, possibly spoiling my deer hunt. With all the shots I heard, I figure he must've at least put the hurt on some quail or something. So I went to check it out and he tells me he just had a good euro dove shoot. I'm like oh cool, I haven't seen euros in this area of CNF but good to know. Then he shows me his bird bag and the half dozen or so bandtails he shot. DOHH

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just to play devils advocate. It is not ok to scout on the opening day of archery deer but it is ok to shoot dove? Public land my friends go get em.

By the way I am perfectly fine with people hunting dove anywhere on public as long as the season is open.

Drew,

I stayed out of that conversation for this very reason in San Felipe W.A....They'll be many more dove hunters than Bow hunters....Public land is public land....Take the good with the bad.

Lee,

I have not had a forest pass in years and I don't know anyone that buys one now.....With that said, they are required in improved CNF areas....Day camps with picnic and bathrooms for example (San Luis Rey day camp)….Also, it costs $10.00 to day camp at Fry Creek, but free with a forest pass....Since Laguna is a recreational area....I'm guessing it's required.

You used to be able to buy one and get the 2nd for $5.00 too....Lots of friends would split cost.

I normally buy two and split the cost with a buddy like Sprig said. Adventure 16 in Mission valley sells them and I think REI does as well. You can also go to the CNF office.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Lol Truduct you got me. But you are right. I may go for deer in the morning, dove in the late morning or middle of the afternoon. I have few spots.
Best
Longbow

Just busting every ones balls. You have my number Lee call me when you get that deer down and me and the boys will be there to help you drag him out. Sorry for jacking this thread.

@SDHusker you also might want to check out love valley its a very well known spot near Henshaw. I never hunt there because of all the people but I am sure you could put a few dove in the bag.

I purchase the lifetime Senior America the beautiful , the national parks and federal recreation lands pass., 62 yrs and older. Before I retired. So I am good. I can use at Laguna and the OHV campsites.
And much more.

Just to play devils advocate. It is not ok to scout on the opening day of archery deer but it is ok to shoot dove? Public land my friends go get em.

If you see a deer while dove hunting on 9/1, you must turn your head immediately and try your best to forget where you were. It’s in the regs, I swear.

Reactions: TRICER
Hi Waterdog, I heard this too. But I have not seen it in writing. I heard that hikers sued and won. But I see signs all over in certain areas.
Maybe some one has seen it online?
I am hesitant tell people this. Because I don't want to be responsible for them getting a stupid ticket.
Sprig you got anything?
Best
Longbow
I haven’t read it either. I tend to go to the same few CNF spots over and over and the local rangers are of the mindset that parking along the road does not require a pass. But you’re right Longbow, there could be different interpretations.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu