Good day of scouting, shooting, & hunting for bass

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Did a drive about and started early...Toms are still gobbling and struttin' for the girls...A little disappointed in the number of poults I saw, but it's still early...Saw a number of deer, but few bucks...Stopped at my favorite squeaker spot...Despite high grass, a few peaked out a little too much...On the way home, I decided to hunt for some bass...Found this big girl in 2 1/2' of water...Battle royal!

.016.JPG034.JPG038.JPG039.JPGIMG_1754.JPGIMG_E1750.JPGIMG_E1759.JPGIMG_1761.JPGIMG_1777.PNG

I'm going to the Sierras next week, but the week after that---Henshaw bass, watch out!! Of course, I'd probably do a lot better if I knew what the hell I was doing. Quite a learning curve going from offshore trolling for ahi, ono, and marlin in HI to finesse fishing for bass at Henshaw. Actually, a lot easier fishing in HI than fishing here.

Do you have to pick up the ground squirrels? I always leave them for their buddies to eat and the Ravens

Do you have to pick up the ground squirrels? I always leave them for their buddies to eat and the Ravens

Mark,

I normally leave them too....These were just the one's I could recover for a photo op.... :blush:

.IMG_E1751 (1).JPG

Did a drive about and started early...Toms are still gobbling and struttin' for the girls...A little disappointed in the number of poults I saw, but it's still early...Saw a number of deer, but few bucks...Stopped at my favorite squeaker spot...Despite high grass, a few peaked out a little too much...On the way home, I decided to hunt for some bass...Found this big girl in 2 1/2' of water...Battle royal!

.View attachment 49271View attachment 49272View attachment 49273View attachment 49274View attachment 49275View attachment 49277View attachment 49278View attachment 49279View attachment 49280

What rig do you use? Also, what are the GPS coordinates for where you catch the big bass? I don't want your exact location, obviously, but within 8 feet would be OK.

Bruce,

No secret...Texas rigged, 5" Zoom worm, straight tailed pumpkin with green tail...South shore line and about the 10th green willow tree still in 2 1/2' of water.... :blush:

Looks like another awesome day! Did a little shooten and scouting Sunday myself.
59213515615db989d977e5002a9933c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4dc8020860a08c1f724d44b0c0e2eb0e.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu