Good day

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
Well got a late start yesterday. On the way in we bumped some does as we got closer a donkey of a sandiego deer got up. My Buddy dumped him a 4x3 with good mass 19 in wide. We gutted him put him in the shade and Continued our way in. About an hour later a big 3 x 3 got up I took a shot and missed. Bummer it was a very nice deer. We decided to drag out my buddies big deer. After we got the deer home he asked me what I was going to do and I said I would go back out so he joined me we went to another area sat down for no longer then 3 Minutes and I shot a nice meat deer a decent sized fork. I still have one more tag to go pursue the big one for the tournament. My friend who is not in the Tournament deer would have been a Contender it's over 100 inches. But I will never know because I doubt he will get it measured

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
Also worth noting this my first day touching a rifle we been hunting with a bow all year Public land as well

way to go sdbirds!!!! good job man! im sure peter is mad cuz he didnt go with u :) ;) :D ;D 8)

Ya can't show Peter this area. Also on the big one you can see where Mountain lion jumped on his back there's claw marks both rib cage is in the bite his ass His tail is also cut in half

LOL!!! he will be upset, but he will understand! i saw that ! i was wondering what those marks were. Thanks for sharing man! good luck filling ur next tag 8)

hell ya johnny! were still on for that case of beer for biggest buck! hammer the 3x3 so i dont shoot a forky again

brice s said:
hell ya johnny! were still on for that case of beer for biggest buck! hammer the 3x3 so i dont shoot a forky again

He's big Brice. Definitely taller than the deer pictured. I'm leaving in a hour to go get him hopefully

Nice deer! Looks like this cold front is pushing the big boys out.Congrats on some excellent bucks.

Breacher said:
Looks like he was in a few battles with those scars!

It look like he got in to it with a lion. U could see scratches going Down both sides of its ribs. You could see how the cat slid Down his back. 2/3s of the tail was gone and huge puncher bite Woond on hind 1/4. He didn't look to healthy

Wow. Nice work! Those are great bucks !

Neck Shot ?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu