Grand Canyon bison hunt

What I read made it sound a bit more like a shoot than a hunt. The animals are going to be corralled and shot.

22-250 60 grain nosler partition recovered from a bison just under the hide after plowing through both shoulders and turning the lungs to mush at 802 yards, convinced yet?
32CC1197-5695-4E1C-8019-04CB16B3CA5B.jpeg

I put myself in. It's a bit of work but sounds fun, and I am a big fan of eating gut-shot animals shot by someone else.

12 people culling a butt-load of bison with copper projectiles! If I get picked, I am going to invite @MJB and his devil dog to help me track all of the Buff's I wound and have to track.

Actually I think copper and buffalo go together hand in hand.....bison is a big animal.
My dad got drawn for the Arizona once in a lifetime bison bull tag in the '70s. We ate buffalo for three years after that I couldn't eat beef it was too greasy.

I know one of the tribal members involved he said it will be a cluster fudd...... he's pissed they can't relocate them all money and some bio's BS.

Reactions: TRICER and NBK
If it falls through I hear Idaho needs some help with Wolves. I don’t think they are taking volunteers yet, they are probably going to snipe from a chopper first.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu