Great 4th of July Week-end...2022

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Friday, opening morning was not real good for rabbits, but ground squirrels were everywhere...Only 2 "Butts", but a plethora of ground grizz...I also found out the Gamo .177 isn't nearly as good a pellet gun as my .25 PCP...Which is broke... :confounded:

Saturday, I headed out to the IV with my buddy Mike...The corn fields were gone, but we found a freshly picked mellon field...Game on!...What was even better was, they left the pickers in the field...With it getting on to 107...Shade was required, even early...:sun:

Sunday, I did a drive about looking for poults and fuzzy horned bucks...Found both...Very dry, but some are making it...Saw 2 hens with 12 good sized babies...:blush:

Today, I got up early and headed to my #1 rabbit spot (pellet gun only)...Still using the .177, but decided that it was ear hole or nothing...Flipped 5 in a row...;)

ps...Last pic is last nights dinner...Rabbit with Sportsman's Gourmet Southern Pecan & Honey rub, fresh corn, & smashed spuds...Delish...:yum

.IMG_5785.JPGIMG_5794.JPGIMG_1193.JPGIMG_0499.JPGIMG_1204.JPGIMG_E5798 (1).JPGIMG_5796.JPG

Nice Steve!! Don't let those ground grizzlies touch those bunnys!!

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu