Great morning for the opener of rabbit.....7-1-23

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Got up early to my 1st spot (5:15 am)...I was shooting my Gamo .177 1st...Even in low light, I saw my 1st bunny at 25 yds...Right thru the eyeball...Took awhile before I saw my next cottontail...Made a bad hit and it got away from me...With mustard and brush so thick and high, you better kill them on the spot...Got one more, but it was getting lighter and the shots were getting farther...I switched to the PCP Umarex Gauntlett....Got to spot that was more open, they were holding, and bagged 3 in a row...This pellet gun is lights out... ;)

Went fishing for a little bit and got a couple from the "Shaw"....Checked a couple of cameras and saw some nice bucks...Some toms are still strutting...:heart:

Overall, a really great morning in the mountains....:blush:

ps...Breakfast was especially good this morning too....:yum
.IMG_1123.JPGIMG_1112.JPGIMG_1113.JPGIMG_1115.JPGIMG_0165.JPGIMG_1072 - Copy.JPGIMG_1125.JPG

Steve is a killer. Thanks for keeping us in the woods through your journey.

Can anyone think of someone who might eat that?

Larry would eat that...that being said...every mammal season..we have Bot fly maggots fall out the noses and throats ears of the copious amounts of deer we harvest on the 2 acres..those deer get eaten just like anything else. but still...Gross .I don't care for deer meat .rabbits I'll eat .just don't like touching them..strong work with the air gun Stevo!!!

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu