Great season

Yes. On the part about the regulars.
Lol. I meant it's not easy finding hunting buddies. A lot of people that have been hunting and have their rituals and spots don't like to share, and so won't take anyone they aren't close with to their hunts. And it's hard to gauge someone just in a blog. I'm sure most of us have been there brother. my hope is to find friends and hunting buddies as well as gaining information and tips.

It'll be awhile until you find a boar in the Cleveland NF...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yes, boar, deer, Turkey, have not seen anything. Any hunter I saw there each time came back empty handed. I hear it used to be much better.

Yes, boar, deer, Turkey, have not seen anything. Any hunter I saw there each time came back empty handed. I hear it used to be much better.
The bad drought has done a lot of damage to the wildlife.
There was upland game and small game every where. Rabbit, quail, turkey.
The pigs was mostly wiped out by the
Bounty hunters Ca DFW. But i have seen tracks. So there are some left. But I really believe they are in horrible rough terrain. And mostly Nocturnal.
Turkey has virtually has been wiped out on public. Some out there but not many. Mostly on private. As little as 3-4 years ago
Turkey was every where by the hundreds.
Good news, last time out we seen a few Jack's. Mostly high desert.
My personal opinion deer in our area also took a big kill rate.
Drought, predators & disease.
Hopefully with this rain they will, the wildlife, will come back.

I think the best bet is north or south. South for upland & small game. Imperial Valley. Pheasant, quail, rabbits, dove. Squirrels.
I had an old acquaintance tried to get me to hunt Arizona for quail and dove. I should have done it.
My partner in Arizona wants me to hunt and fish there this fall.
$160 non resident I can hunt upland and small game, plus fish the lakes.

The bad drought has done a lot of damage to the wildlife.
There was upland game and small game every where. Rabbit, quail, turkey.
The pigs was mostly wiped out by the
Bounty hunters Ca DFW. But i have seen tracks. So there are some left. But I really believe they are in horrible rough terrain. And mostly Nocturnal.
Turkey has virtually has been wiped out on public. Some out there but not many. Mostly on private. As little as 3-4 years ago
Turkey was every where by the hundreds.
Good news, last time out we seen a few Jack's. Mostly high desert.
My personal opinion deer in our area also took a big kill rate.
Drought, predators & disease.
Hopefully with this rain they will, the wildlife, will come back.

I think the best bet is north or south. South for upland & small game. Imperial Valley. Pheasant, quail, rabbits, dove. Squirrels.
I had an old acquaintance tried to get me to hunt Arizona for quail and dove. I should have done it.
My partner in Arizona wants me to hunt and fish there this fall.
$160 non resident I can hunt upland and small game, plus fish the lakes.
If you go to AZ I'd think going for elk would be amazing. Not only it's a state that you can get non resident otc tag, but also is where you get the best elk in the country, so I've heard
We're talking most trophy grade coming from AZ than most states.
Btw, tnx for the info here. I'll send you a PM

Reactions: longbowhunter2
So took my son to the jr hunt this weekend and he did good I have a question I'm soaking the breast in a brind can you also marinate after bringing

So took my son to the jr hunt this weekend and he did good I have a question I'm soaking the breast in a brind can you also marinate after bringing

Sure....Are you BBQing them, smoking it, or putting them on Traeger?....We used the Traeger for most the meats yesterday and they were unbelievably good.

.005.JPG

Reactions: Joe D
Joe D, soak duck breasts in salt water for a day, then put them in a marinade of diet coke, italian dressing, A1 sauce and a touch of liquid smoke, or any marinade of choice. No problem putting them in a marinade after the salt water soak.

Reactions: Joe D
Joe D, soak duck breasts in salt water for a day, then put them in a marinade of diet coke, italian dressing, A1 sauce and a touch of liquid smoke, or any marinade of choice. No problem putting them in a marinade after the salt water soak.
T

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu