Gun registrations

josecasillas

If it flies it dies, if it hops it drops....
Apr 24, 2012
san diego
Question for everyone.
So.... someone got me all confused. I've been told that you can no longer hunt with a firearm that's not registered to your name. I'd understand if it was some strange name right. But, I have a rifle, that I hunt with, that's still registerd under my father's name that he gave me a few years back. As so my father has a rifle registered under my name that I gave him also. Is this true?? Can somebody clarify this for me? Thanks in advance

This is sooooo stupid. This will solve nothing. Not to hijack but can I take a friend and his kid out that don't have guns and let them shoot or hunt with mine if I am with them? Ummmm.....

Reactions: josecasillas
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1511
The exemption covers you father to son on rifles. This is only Calif that cares about this. As with all laws please seek assistance from a lawyer since that is the only way you can ever be semi sure. This was one of the laws our Fraktard governor signed this month.
Thank you for your time to answer. I kind of figured that. But wanted to make sure. I know a lot of people on here know more about this. Which is why I asked. But, how about son to father?

This is sooooo stupid. This will solve nothing. Not to hijack but can I take a friend and his kid out that don't have guns and let them shoot or hunt with mine if I am with them? Ummmm.....
I agree with you 110% bro. I always take my nephews out too with my guns. It's just dumb

To my understanding, as long as the registered owner is with the hunting group, then it is legal. But to loan your gun to anyone will be illegal.
So if they are standing next to you its ok. If they drive away from you with your firearm, it is now illegal. Good grief!

Don't get me started with canadian border...Im done with that.

I don't think a single gun I own is "officially" registered to me......Hell, most were never registered to anybody......Can you imagine the cluster F***, if everyone has to register their guns......Canada tried this and quit the program after a couple of years (cost).....F*cking libtards!

ps.......Thought about it......My Savage .17 & my daughters Savage .243 are registered to me.

pss.....I've been a banquet chair for Pheasants Forever, DU, & CWA.....Every gun that was given away the night of the events was registered to me. And was just handed to the winner.....No secondary registration required in those days......Good luck finding them now......:laughing:

Indeed Steve.. this is all just stupidity. Nobody forget the disaster that was Operation Fast & Furious, where the Obama administration allowed Mexican drug cartels to straw purchase thousands of guns with the intent of tracking them, but instead lost them all, until a couple of them showed up as weapons used to murder a BP agent. But they want us law abiding citizens to register our weapons so they can track em!

lmfao @ Operation fast & Furious and that horrific failure.

so I'm working on trying to get a buddy to lend me his .22 and Remington 870 while he's on deployment. If he caves and says yes, do I need to get some signed auth forms or something? They probably aren't registered to him, and if they are they are definitely from Illinois.

Read the Link on my post up top. It lays it out pretty well.

The short answer is yes you would need to dros them and transfer them through a gun shop.

lmfao @ Operation fast & Furious and that horrific failure.

so I'm working on trying to get a buddy to lend me his .22 and Remington 870 while he's on deployment. If he caves and says yes, do I need to get some signed auth forms or something? They probably aren't registered to him, and if they are they are definitely from Illinois.

JUST DO IT!

Reactions: Macsteve
where are we now?????" so the reason is not to make us safer. it's just short little steps to take away out 4 th amendment right. all these new laws will eventually, try to lead in the total prohibition of guns. all other countries right after registration led to gun confiscation.........

On a positive note, Biden was asked the other day about the 4th amendment. He said if the 4th is to protect us against tyranny then everyone should be able to buy an F-4.

I like that kinda thinking.

Okay so what about my situation. My grandfather owned many guns. 4 in which were given to me after he passed by my grandmother. I don't know if an of them are registered or not. Being a country boy he was I have a feeling they weren't or someone sold him one back in Arkansas... So the reason I haven't registered them is I'm afraid if I do and they aren't registered or they were sold without transfer of ownership if let's as the DOJ took them away from me I'd loose out on my families hunting guns. Advice?

Okay so what about my situation. My grandfather owned many guns. 4 in which were given to me after he passed by my grandmother. I don't know if an of them are registered or not. Being a country boy he was I have a feeling they weren't or someone sold him one back in Arkansas... So the reason I haven't registered them is I'm afraid if I do and they aren't registered or they were sold without transfer of ownership if let's as the DOJ took them away from me I'd loose out on my families hunting guns. Advice?

That is not how it works. Go online and do an intra familia transfer for $19. The DOJ cares more about where the guns are going than they do where they came from. As long as they aren't stolen, you are in good shape.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu