Had to Get Out

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Been working on the house all week for the super bowl party, but today, I had to get into the woods......The turkeys didn't disappoint......Really nice seeing this flock where we have the youth turkey hunt......Saw plenty of birds in other places too.....A lot more jakes.....Meaning we had pretty good recruitment despite having few hens nesting......Public land should be better with the dispersal of jakes.

Been working on the house all week for the super bowl party, but today, I had to get into the woods......The turkeys didn't disappoint......Really nice seeing this flock where we have the youth turkey hunt......Saw plenty of birds in other places too.....A lot more jakes.....Meaning we had pretty good recruitment despite having few hens nesting......Public land should be better with the dispersal of jakes.

What an awesome sight to see Steve!!! And you had just pulled over on the side of the road...no hiking required ha!

Reactions: msailor
Scott,

Can see a lot more flocks that way here locally.......Gives me a pretty good feel on how our recruitment went......Anybody can do it......:blush:

ps......I save my walking for other states......;)

Reactions: 2dogs1name
i am still waiting for someone to hook me on a private land turkey hunt in exchange for a duck hunt in a ok spot :)

Hope to get out there this spring just give me the GPS coordinates!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Billy, Billy, Billy,

Well, let's see......A guided turkey hunt on private property for a spoonie shoot......I guess that would be a fair trade......:joy:

Reactions: Big Jim
Hope to get out there this spring just give me the GPS coordinates!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Matt,

I'll do better than that.....I'll show you where I saw birds on public.....A bunch close to public too.....;)

Steve we need to go predator call that spot where the cat tracks are. One animal that did well during the drought was the bobcats. I see them way more than I use to.

Billy, Billy, Billy,

Well, let's see......A guided turkey hunt on private property for a spoonie shoot......I guess that would be a fair trade......:joy:
Don't need a guide just need the dirt with the birds on it.

And a chance at a full bull limit is priceless!!!!!

In that case......You could just join MCC......:blush:

And that's still one of the coolest pix ever......:cool:

.112.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: msailor
Billy, Billy, Billy,

I would do it for the airboat ride. Screw the ducks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Steve we need to go predator call that spot where the cat tracks are. One animal that did well during the drought was the bobcats. I see them way more than I use to.

Drew,

I took that picture because it appears to have bobcat (bottom) & coyote (top) tracks in it

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu