Happy Birthday Sprig

Steve has helped so many with hunting in socal! Including myself!!

Happy bday! Hope you got a nice gobbler as a present!

Reactions: ilovesprig
Steve has got to be the most generous, giving human on the planet. He gives so much more than he takes. When I grow up---if I grow up--- [I'm 3 months younger than he is], I hope to be a little bit closer to where he is, but I'm not betting on it. Thanks so much for all you do for the hunting community.

Hey man, have a great one. Not sure what the hip deal is, but I'm getting hip replacement April 28th. go have a beer or six.

Thanks guys for the birthday wishes.....Hips are doing well.....It's the friggin' bunion these days...... :joy:

A good orthorpedic surgeon can fix that easy. Don't wait at your age get it examined and dealt with and cut and fixed . If you do it right now you should be in the field next fall. Got bad knees myself and waiting for my wife to not need me anymore so that I can fix myself.

A good orthorpedic surgeon can fix that easy. Don't wait at your age get it examined and dealt with and cut and fixed . If you do it right now you should be in the field next fall. Got bad knees myself and waiting for my wife to not need me anymore so that I can fix myself.
I hear ya, surgery was actually for knee replacement but I saw the surgeon last Friday and switched form knee too hip. In the five weeks since setting up knee replacement my hip got real bad, so the switch. Knee pain is not bad but it's been going on for some time now, hip, now that's another story.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday bud! You not only help the youth hunters but late onset hunters like myself! Its been a pleasure getting to know you over the years and even getting to share the duck blind with ya.

Cheers!

I hear ya, surgery was actually for knee replacement but I saw the surgeon last Friday and switched form knee too hip. In the five weeks since setting up knee replacement my hip got real bad, so the switch. Knee pain is not bad but it's been going on for some time now, hip, now that's another story.

Thanks guys for the birthday wishes.....Hips are doing well.....It's the friggin' bunion these days...... :joy:

If you guys haven't looked into it, some of you may be too far "gone" but give PRP (platelet-rich plasma) a look. It did wonders for my wife's knee (she is good to go now from one injection) and my Dad who is 71 gets it done every once in a while and it helps. It helped my shoulder as well but I needed extensive surgery so there is only so much you can do.

Reactions: Smokey58

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu