Have any local guys tried this method????

Crazy! Looks super fun, I wonder if they would catch on any different then regular dekes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I would only do it on private that had no public bordering it. Maybe if I was on a large ranch. To many stupid people out there.

JFF, Only 9 posts and you are already on ignore.
This is a hunting forum, not a 'killing without respect' forum.

Whatever floats your boat......Not for me though...... :-X

ps......Some of the worst shots ever....... ::)

I definitely would be cautious of using it on public land but that technique looks awesome.

That is one of the dumbest ways to hunt turkeys I have ever seen. I guess its for people who are too stupid to call turkeys to them. Someone is going to get killed and then the people who promote this type of hunt will be sued. Idiots!

For me its all about the hunt, not the kill, there is nothing better than being stealth, calling into your decoys, seeing if I can even get something to respond, heck if I get a call back im happy as a pig in poop. plus at my age I don't crawl to well.lol.

Big Jim said:
For me its all about the hunt, not the kill, there is nothing better than being stealth, calling into your decoys, seeing if I can even get something to respond, heck if I get a call back im happy as a pig in poop. plus at my age I don't crawl to well.lol.

I second that!

Geez man! Don't even know what to say?! Also, how in the world did this pass through Mojo's legal department?? They're so Gonna get sued!

I just googled the mojo turkey decoy, the video is actually from mojo. shit what's next, a flying duck decoy that's a hat? not good.

I can't see how anyone would want to do this I get a much bigger thrill from a bird hung up just out of range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case anyone is thinking of using a mammal for a blind or to hide behind.....Don't do it..... ;)

California Fish & Game Code 3502:.....

"It is unlawful to use any mammal (except dog) or imitation of a mammal as a blind in approaching or taking of game birds".

Even though it is illegal here I am not going to knock the tactic. All of us stalk animals. We jump shoot ducks, work the wind towards big game etc. Stalking is intense takes a lot of skill and is a rush. I would argue this technique is less effective than traditional turkey hunting but I wouldn't knock it sincce we apply it to almost everything else we hunt. I have ran into a few big Toms this year that don't give a hoot about my calling and that is why they are big Toms. If I could put a stalk on them and get within range I wouldn't feel like less of a hunter I would actually feel like more of a predator I mean when are your senses more alive then when you are stalking game.

How am I gonna get my nap if I'm crawling through the tall grass like the knuckleheads in the video?

Truduct said:
Even though it is illegal here I am not going to knock the tactic. All of us stalk animals. We jump shoot ducks, work the wind towards big game etc. Stalking is intense takes a lot of skill and is a rush. I would argue this technique is less effective than traditional turkey hunting but I wouldn't knock it sincce we apply it to almost everything else we hunt. I have ran into a few big Toms this year that don't give a hoot about my calling and that is why they are big Toms. If I could put a stalk on them and get within range I wouldn't feel like less of a hunter I would actually feel like more of a predator I mean when are your senses more alive then when you are stalking game.

Well said Drew.................Thumbs up icon, if we had one............. ;D

Stalking turkeys is not illegal. BUT many times when I am calling in a bird, people stalk the gobble. They hear the bird gobble to my calling over and over as it comes in because the gobble is loud, but they cant hear me softly calling so they blow the bird out of the county and ruin my hunt. I have killed a lot of turkeys, and not once did I find it necessary to stalk one.
As far as stalking turkeys with a decoy in front of your face, common sense should tell you if you put the decoy in front of your face and sneak around on the ground you have a very good chance of getting shot in the face. This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen and it is going to result in someones death.
There is not a turkey in the world that is worth risking your life for.
And don't tell me it is OK on private land because I have hunted on private land many times where there were trespassers that would shoot you in the face with this stupid decoy.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu