Hawk nails squirrel

teachanother

Jul 3, 2011
San Diego
So I was out bow hunting on Saturday and saw this hawk patiently waiting by a squirrel burrow hole. I decide to put my long-lens camera on him and 30 seconds later...Bam, I lucked out and caught this on film.

(Why should National Geo have all the fun?)

Attachments

• IMG_8255.JPG
    IMG_8255.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8256.JPG
    IMG_8256.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8257.JPG
    IMG_8257.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8258.JPG
    IMG_8258.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8259.JPG
    IMG_8259.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 65
That's cool...strong work. The squirrel is still looking around (caught in last picture).

Wow, Nice lens. That’s cool you caught that on camera. I’ve never seen a hawk hunt from the ground like that.

Great job on the pics, nice camera. That is why I love being in the woods as much as I can, you never know what you will see.

There is a guy by my office that has a pet Red Tail Hawk and he fly’s it in the parking at Carl’s Jr. and try’s to kills pigeons . Great entertainment at lunch time.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu