Here we go... 6 days...

Horses will be packing plenty of brown... the Yellowstone kind (my new favorite). Almost there... my goal is to be home in 3 weeks to finish in Az. Ed F

Ed,

What pack you runnin? Matters of fact let us hear what the legend uses.

For me all roads have lead back to mountain house. The biggest issue for me is for some reason other meals just don’t hydrate like the house does. Ed please post up your thoughts/review on the peak after your hunt I am intrigued.

Last edited:
I’ve only tried the Breakfast skillet and the Mountain berry granola. I was happy with both.
Let’s hope the rest of the Peak meals that I bought will have the same outcome. Or it’s going to be a long trip.

Reactions: TRICER
For me all roads have lead back to mountain house. The biggest issue for me is for some reason other meals just don’t hydrate like the house does. Ed please post up your thoughts/review on the peak after your hunt I am intrigued.

I'm with you Drew, tried most of them. Honestly, I don't have a problem with Mountain House, I've heard these Peak meals are tasty and they do take less water, which is a plus for this Nevada hunt. I have a dozen Peak and two dozen Mountain House to get me through the season. Should have a good report on if they are worth the few extra dollars. Ed F

Right on Ed. Sending good juju your way!

Freeze dried meals are great, but I want to hear more about that Yellowstone goodness you speak of.

Be the arrow ed...dont worry about the mountain house...standing by!!

Truck and trailer are loaded and ready to roll. This could be the longest hunting trip I've ever been on. No return date on the calendar. I either have the best wife in the world... or she has a boyfriend. I have reservations at the Star Basque restaurant in Elko for 6pm... gonna meet some special people there.... Ed F20200807_200839.jpg

Truck and trailer are loaded and ready to roll. This could be the longest hunting trip I've ever been on. No return date on the calendar. I either have the best wife in the world... or she has a boyfriend. I have reservations at the Star Basque restaurant in Elko for 6pm... gonna meet some special people there.... Ed FView attachment 45278
Good luck

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu