Heritage Fields

Are these fields only open to hunting during the general dove seasons? Or can you chase euro all year?

Wister Unit is only open from Sept 1-15 for doves (waterfowl Oct-Jan)...No Euros in the off season...All the Heritage fields can be hunted anytime, including Finney/Ramer.

Reactions: Yobiwon
I've tested that 50 yard rule in the IV several times.
And although all agree that I (we) were legal at 60 yards, they still asked us to move farther away.
The reason given is always the same: folks driving the highway will see a man in camo with a gun and the phones will start ringing.
I've kindly suggested that dispatchers be informed it's hunting season and the public might see others.
It usually falls on deaf ears so as a courtesy, we move another 20 yards or so.
And no, we don't shoot across the road, and no I don't have to explain why we were there in the first place.

The Dove opener is a social hunt IMO.
This little girl is gun shy but loves to retrieve.
I don't take her out unless I do s solo hunt in private land..

.20210117_123029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ilovesprig
The Dove opener is a social hunt IMO.
This little girl is gun shy but loves to retrieve.
I don't take her out unless I do s solo hunt in private land.
This one gun shy too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 7
Can't wait. Love me some dove opener. We're staying at the Travelodge this year instead of the Barbara Worth, which somehow was booked. Come by and say hi, I'll probably be in the pool on the 31st drinking Coors Lights after I clean my euros.
Hey J. If you are staying at the Travel lodge, I will be at the Desert Trails RV park with a buddy of mine. We should be arriving on the 31st late morning. Maybe we can meet up for a beer.
You got my number.

Can't wait. Love me some dove opener. We're staying at the Travelodge this year instead of the Barbara Worth, which somehow was booked. Come by and say hi, I'll probably be in the pool on the 31st drinking Coors Lights after I clean my euros.
in the pool...?
You and 50 of your not so best friends, with a published capacity limit of 20.
The 'milky way' pool incident in Caddy Shack comes to mind...

• Haha
in the pool...?
You and 50 of your not so best friends, with a published capacity limit of 20.
The 'milky way' pool incident in Caddy Shack comes to mind...
That's a true fact. I stayed in IV lasy year in a hotel for the opener and the water in the pool was literally brown..I did not care for it.

• Haha
If you guys go down Adams Avenue in El Centro don't stop, the tweekers will take your stuff. Over by the mall down Dogwood Rd south of I-8 are the new hotels, they are good. If any of you get stuck or need some help with something hit me up. I'll be working but can leave if needed. Make sure you go to Ramey's Meats and get some carne asada on your way out of town.

If you guys go down Adams Avenue in El Centro don't stop, the tweekers will take your stuff. Over by the mall down Dogwood Rd south of I-8 are the new hotels, they are good. If any of you get stuck or need some help with something hit me up. I'll be working but can leave if needed. Make sure you go to Ramey's Meats and get some carne asada on your way out of town.

Rick,

What do you think of Kennedy's compared to Ramey's?.....We have a Kennedy's here in Esco....Love it

Reactions: IVhunter
Rick,

What do you think of Kennedy's compared to Ramey's?.....We have a Kennedy's here in Esco....Love it
Howdy Steve,

I grew up in Heber behind the original Kennedy's and loved it for many years. I just recently switched to Ramey's , I'd say about 4 years Ramey's now. I think my main reason for choosing Ramey's is that the meat is way tender and easier on my teeth o_O... and well that flavor is pretty unique.

My sister lives in Esco and always goes to that Kennedy's and get her carne fix. I believe Danny one of the sons of original owner moved up there and opened up that branch. The one in Heber just got bought by some Arabs from El Centro recently, some family disagreements contributed to the sale.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu