Hoarding Euros?

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
Anyone stock piling Euro,s? The crossman has been seeing more action latley in the backyard in light of covid 19...mama has been working triple overtimes..(yes..she is damn lucky to have me) the boys have been on a rampage ..forget the TP..the ziploc freezer bags are running low!!

Reactions: DirtHunter
Anyone stock piling Euro,s? The crossman has been seeing more action latley in the backyard in light of covid 19...mama has been working triple overtimes..(yes..she is damn lucky to have me) the boys have been on a rampage ..forget the TP..the ziploc freezer bags are running low!!
Adapt and overcome buddy.

Reactions: HATCHET1
Doing our part to help level off the curve of that potential pandemic also...1 bird at a time..no bird is safe..

Reactions: Kellendv
The valley doesn't seem to have the numbers it once had either...And this is despite the feed lots (for the most part) having discontinued shooting...We had a couple of good shoots last summer, but nothing like years prior.

I have been told they've changed feed in the feed lots away from corn...Also, you are seeing less and less wheat grown out there...And when it is, it's turned over very quickly...Same thing with cantaloupes.

I have not shot anything but there is a whole bunch of them that come feed on the seeds I leave for the wild birds on my backyard...if the need ever comes, there will be some fat birds available!

Reactions: HATCHET1
The valley doesn't seem to have the numbers it once had either...And this is despite the feed lots (for the most part) having discontinued shooting...We had a couple of good shoots last summer, but nothing like years prior.

I have been told they've changed feed in the feed lots away from corn...Also, you are seeing less and less wheat grown out there...And when it is, it's turned over very quickly...Same thing with cantaloupes.
Steve,

Awhile back there was some discussion that feedlots may be incorporating some poison into their feed to kill off some birds. It was a bird poison that's supposedly non-toxic to mammals, including humans, somehow. Just wondered if you've heard any follow-up info on this? I haven't been down to the valley for awhile but I remember last time seeing a few dead euros on the ground in/around one of the feedlots that didn't appear to be shot.

Steve,

Awhile back there was some discussion that feedlots may be incorporating some poison into their feed to kill off some birds. It was a bird poison that's supposedly non-toxic to mammals, including humans, somehow. Just wondered if you've heard any follow-up info on this? I haven't been down to the valley for awhile but I remember last time seeing a few dead euros on the ground in/around one of the feedlots that didn't appear to be shot.

Jason,

It's called Avitrol...Used to use it LA to control/kill pigeons...I think since my Orkin days, it's been outlawed...There's probably a new kind of repellant out there.

Anyone on here currently in the pest control industry?

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
Urban pest control folks have gone to exclusion methods (spike's and netting) and gotten away from trapping and chemicals because of the effects on other wildlife and legislation. I used to buy tons of wing rats from the pest folks but that went away ten plus years ago.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu