Hunting is important to me because.....

S

stikbrandon

Because hunting puts me in a place where nothing else matters, i am free from the daily stress of bills, work, and life in genreal.... but most of all people these days get caught up in this fake Bubble of life where we depend on this high tech life style of a push to order life that in a blink of an eye could be gone... hunting to me keeps me grounded with my predatory instincs and make me realize that out side of the city's we are not the top of the food chain and in some parts of are country and the world there is a real threat to are survival in the wilderness from preditors much more officient at killing than us.

that is why hunting is important to me

I hunt because I enjoy being in the outdoors. I enjoy hiking into an area and listening to the sounds of the forest. I jokingly tell my wife that for me its like going to church. I am free off all distractions (except for flies and mosquitoes) and I'm able to focus more on life in general.

On top of that, I love the rush I feel when the animal I am hunting comes into view. It connects me with the hunting heritage and is a good reminder of how primitive things used to be. It is so much more satisfying to know I am able to put meat on the table and not need to go to the store for it.

I like to kill things and eat them :)

Ohhhh and if left unchecked ducks would take over the world

Bill

Hunting is important to me because.....I like to Smash Game. It is my safe quiet place. I also like to cook so it goes hand in hand.

Depends on what I'm chasing. Birds have a different reason than Predators, or Big game.
Birds, I hang out with family and friends.
Predators, It's all about killing
Big game, I like the physical and mental challenge of climbing mountains and packing meat. The hours of solitude and time in the glass looking for the right one. The rush of stocking an animal.

CAUSE I LIKE IT

Hunting is important to me cause its pretty much the biggest part in my life. I love the feeling you have after sending a bullet or arrow through your game. Nothing feels better then that. And nothing taste better then wild game :D

Hunting is important to me for so many reasons, First and foremost it connects me with an instinct that has been passed on by many generations. Secondly, I love the rush and feeling of busting a covey of quail, having the focus to pick out one bird at a time and watch them fold and roll with a clean kill shot; or the challenge of chasing big game. For me it's especially important because I can and it sets me apart for the choas of the concrete jungle. I think about the opportunities I've had and how probably 95% (or better) of the people living around me will never see the things I've seen. Hiking for hours, watching the sun rise and set. Seeing the world uniterupted by what man calls progress. Backpacking in 15 miles to fish a streech of river that is only accessible by foot or diving to the ocean floor in hopes of catching lobsters that are so different than wait we see in the store. And finally, because wild game is SO TASTY!

... And I --
I took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference.

i grew up hunting and fishing. it was the only thing my father and i did together. he taught me how to hunt, shoot and fish. i still have my father, but since he lives far away, we barely hunt together, but when im out there alone, its like im not alone. i always feel my fathers presence. hunting and fishing are the last perfect sports! no referees or umpires. yes, therer are laws, but if u follow them, u will be hunting 4ever. i will hunt til the day i die, as so will my father. ;D

I don't know why it is important,but I know it is. I think most people who live a hunters life style aquire that during the hunting experience. And I know the primal urge to hunt is stronger then I can resist. That caveman is in everyone,"EVERYONE". Most people do not realize its in them, but it is. All of us here feel it, and we prob all have someone in our past to credit that to. I guess its important because it keeps me in touch with good memories from my childhood,and it has lead me to some good friends,and its great therapy.

Hunting satiates the predatory instinct that lives inside of me, the opportunity to challenge myself in a distant and secluded place and use my skills on wild animals fulfills the instincts that direct my lifestyle. I live for the challenge of the pursuit and the harvest. I like the taste as well.....

Had to look that one up Snake Charmer -

sa·ti·ate
[sey-shee-eyt; sey-shee-it, -eyt] Show IPA verb, sa·ti·at·ed, sa·ti·at·ing, adjective.
verb (used with object)
to supply with anything to excess, so as to disgust or weary; surfeit.
to satisfy to the full; sate.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu