Hunting outside my box...

BOWUNTR

Nov 3, 2011
I was fortunate to go to Greenland last month and hunt Muskox. I've looked into hunting Muskox in Canada and Alaska but it was outta my price range or very difficult to get a tag. This hunt fell into my lap and I was able to pull it off. Beyond my greatest expectations. Probably do a lifesize mount... Ed F17.jpg

OMFG that is RAD

Ed,

Not a turkey, but a great hunt none the less..............;)

ps.....Can't wait to see that full mount.....Awesome adventure.

Wow Ed, You are a Titan of bow sports, Congrats to you in the highest form. One of the most difficult animals in the world to get in front of with a tag considering the availability and conditions they exist in and with a bow, Holy smokes !. You gotta publish the story for us to read and include the environmental conditions you were exposed to and how you executed the hunt. Congrats again !

How about I just post pics. I went over there with a group of P&Y guys. You might recognize Bret, the owner of Willow Creek Archery. I actually shot 2 muskox, the first one was broken up so they let me have another tag. It was cold but not too cold. Everything is frozen and has been since last fall. We visited the ice cap, which was a really cool experience, drinking whiskey with 20,000 year old ice. A bucket list, once in a lifetime trip for me. Muskox are so unique that you cannot compare them to anything else... really cool. They'll dull every knife you have. A lot bigger than I thought too, I guessed in the 500# range. Here's the pics. Ed F1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Your're tipping me over with the photo's and fact's and rabbits to boot, Wow 2'K x 2 on ice whiskey, too cool. Keep the story coming. Congrat's to you Ed again, Stellar stuff. Let us know how the hare's and ox eat eat..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu