Hunting turkeys in the rain?

Hint -

He murdered his wife...and "did the crime but did not do the time".

Yep - Robert Blake. We have a winner. I will buy you a beer next time I see you Doug.

D16hunter said:
I just have sympathy for those who aren't rich. And don't get me started on mcc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry Luke: no sympathy and no excuses whatsoever for poaching. The only possible reason I can think of for leniency might be that young kids can make some unbelievably stupid decisions, and I wouldn't want them to suffer permanently if they can learn from the experience. If they are contrite and show some potential to work off their penalty as public service, I'd hope the judge would be lenient with them. But if they claim the defense you are suggesting, I wouldn't be inclined to show any mercy because in that case, they'll always be poachers.

Lol how did I miss page 2 of this thread? I feel like I just got to the party, everyone else has been drinking all night, and all the booze is gone!
Haha

Bonejour said:
Lol how did I miss page 2 of this thread? I feel like I just got to the party, everyone else has been drinking all night, and all the booze is gone!
Haha

Sometimes hijacking a thread just makes sense. Glad you joined the party...

D16hunter said:
Truduct said:
17 is not a kid throw the book at him. If my boy did that I would want him fined and punished even if he was 13 let alone 17. Stupidity should be painful.
So your saying you didn't do anything stupid at that age?

I was already serving my country by enlisting in the army. If I did something stupid, I had to answer up for it, which is part of becoming an adult.

Here we see the "problem" with the "Millennials", no sense of responsibility

So here is the answer tbobs question. There are about 100 hardcore hunters on this site and there has not been one turkey kill posted this weekend. So my answer is you can hunt them but it will be hard to get one.

Looks like I'm a little late to the party as well. I've explained my views towards poaching enough times that I don't need to elaborate on here. I personally had "the book thrown at me" when I was in my late teens (nothing poaching related). It really knocked my dick in the dirt and took years to recover from, but I was a better man for it. There needs to be some semblance of remorse to justify mercy. Looks like the kid tried to sneak his way out of a full punishment by dropping names.

Truduct said:
So here is the answer tbobs question. There are about 100 hardcore hunters on this site and there has not been one turkey kill posted this weekend. So my answer is you can hunt them but it will be hard to get one.
Very true. I had an opurtinity at a jake Saturday but I want my third bird to be a mature tom so I passed. I don't want to be known as the jake slayer

Wow! This thread got pretty interesting! Thanks for clarifying about shooting turkeys in trees. I honestly had no idea about that one, but it is now noted. Don't do it!
Well I went out in the rain and tried.. No luck, but I did see a few deer while I was hiking into my spot and honestly that made my day so I was still pretty stoked about getting out there. Thanks for all the answers and discussion.

Oh and as to the question "can you hunt turkeys in the rain" yes you can doesn't matter if it is raining or not you can still hunt them now getting one is something else all together different..

D16hunter said:
Truduct said:
Very true. I had an opurtinity at a jake Saturday but I want my third bird to be a mature tom so I passed. I don't want to be known as the jake slayer

Too late "JS".

:D

Attachments

• slayer1b.png
    slayer1b.png
    887.3 KB · Views: 21
since i have zero turkeys at the moment i should talk huh lol...... still have my standing offer for a duck hunt in mex if someone has private land and i arrow a turkey.... shameless plug and no i do not want to hike all day to some super secret public spot that only the dinosaurs have seen SDBirds can have that shit

Aeon said:
and no i do not want to hike all day to some super secret public spot that only the dinosaurs have seen SDBirds can have that crap
Cmon those are always fun tho especially when you hike 8 miles and don't see or here crap

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu