Hunting turkeys in the rain?

Here's some more food for thought Steve. If I hunted illegally then why the hell would I have only killed jakes so far this year when I've seen plenty of monsters at 5 feet that I could have ended with a baseball bat? They just weren't in a legal spot I was tempted but I'm better than that and I know it. Would you like gps coordinates of the monster I kill later this season that I'm on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJB said:
A letter? Go face the music and better be willing to make it right with the landowner with lots of work or what ever she wants. Kids need to realize there are consequences to bad actions and face them head on not with a letter.
Thank you for the idea. Sounds like I might force him to go up there with me minus our hunting gear to try and make this right today.

17 is not a kid throw the book at him. If my boy did that I would want him fined and punished even if he was 13 let alone 17. Stupidity should be painful.

Truduct said:
17 is not a kid throw the book at him. If my boy did that I would want him fined and punished even if he was 13 let alone 17. Stupidity should be painful.
So your saying you didn't do anything stupid at that age?

D16hunter said:
ilovesprig said:
Well surprise surprise.....Your friend mentioned my name or said he was involved somehow in the youth hunting program I chair.....I got a call pretty quickly.....Just happen to be close friends with these people as well.....Not sure a letter is going to satisfy her..... :mad:

Oh, and a public golf course is not a public hunting area either.....Just sayin'

ps.....Did I mention he was with another 17 year old & a 21 year old.... ::)
Let me get this straight. Your trying to straight up accuse me of being a poacher? Good luck finding any evidence. I have witnesses for all my birds and irrefutable evidence of where I was. I know everyone involved and it sure as sh*t it wasn't me. Look into who the other kids are before you accuse me of being with them. Hell I feel like this is all my fault. I never showed this kid how a real man hunts turkeys. I was supposed to hunt with him alone in a legitimate area that day but I bailed. I unlike some people believe in second chances if your a kid.

Never accused you of anything......Just said the other two were 17 & 21......And I think I congratulated you when you shot a turkey with your bow just driving thru public land....."Congrats Luke.........No easy task getting a turkey this year"

ps......Maybe this thread will make someone else think twice before they shoot into someone's backyard.

No I did way more stupid stuff then this but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be punished. When you break the law you know there is a chance you are going to get caught well your friend got caught now he has to pay for it. Just because you are under age doesn't give you a get out of jail free card. It's part of growing up.
I guarantee you and your friends want to be treated like adults. You even said hunt like a man well if you can hunt like a man why can't you have the same rules as a man. You can't play both sides of the fence. It won't be the end of the world he will learn from his actions and he will be better because of it.
I guarantee he won't shoot a bow from the back of a truck into private property ever again. But if he didn't get caught and he did get a bird imagine the kind of hunter he would become.
Trust me we have all shot something we shouldn't have shot or accidentally killed one to many of a bird. But what your friend did was completely reckless and it deserves consequence.

D16hunter said:
Truduct said:
So your saying you didn't do anything stupid at that age?

We all know the rules are not clear, and some may believe they are intentionally unclear to make it easy for us to mess up, which is why they investigate any above average buck harvest in this town. They know there is a descent chance that we forgot to cross a T or dot an I. But that is not the case here. This is not a misfortunate accident. Someone Knowingly made a very bad decision and got caught. If he would have gotten away with it then he would be learning a totally different kind of lesson, Probably one that says this is the easy way to get a nice turkey and he would keep doing it till he got caught. I say he pays the hard price for being stupid. And if I was defending his dumb decision I think I would probably resemble him in some way.

D16hunter said:
Don't judge a book by its cover in this scenario. Maybe if there was more public access to good areas and less hunting clubs this problem wouldn't exist.

Your high Luke there's plenty of good turkey out there look through my photo album if these punks want to wreck it for all the other good hunters. Take the truck their guns their bows make it so they can't hunt. private property access is so bad because of people like this

Sdbirds said:
D16hunter said:
Don't judge a book by its cover in this scenario. Maybe if there was more public access to good areas and less hunting clubs this problem wouldn't exist.

Your high Luke there's plenty of good turkey out there look through my photo album if these punks want to wreck it for all the other good hunters take her truck their guns their bows make it so they can't hunt private property access is so bad because of people like this
They're idiots and I just realized I'm an idiot about 10 minutes ago lol f em I'm done

D16hunter said:
Sdbirds said:
D16hunter said:

Your high Luke there's plenty of good turkey out there look through my photo album if these punks want to wreck it for all the other good hunters take her truck their guns their bows make it so they can't hunt private property access is so bad because of people like this
They're idiots and I just realized I'm an idiot about 10 minutes ago lol f em I'm done

Lol make sure you don't invite your little buddies to the valley with me

I found out I didn't know all the details and had been lied to. Lazy sacks of sh*t... Throw the book at em

One of my past times is disguising myself as a 17 year old and smoking ducks on the water. Don't ruin it for me!

For the record the roost comment was my internet troll of the day. And the rest was well I was lied to and manipulated.

NBK said:
One of my past times is disguising myself as a 17 year old and smoking ducks on the water. Don't ruin it for me!
John always coming in and making it light hearted

All three need to pay the piper. As they say don't do the crime if you can't do the time. As to any of them using Steve's' name to try to get out of it., the punishment should be all that much harsher. Yes they should take the truck, and their bows on top of what ever fines and or jail time they may get.

sportyg said:
"don't do the crime if you can't do the time"

Ok - Who did that quote come from and what TV show was he on when it was said (and it was said a lot).

NBK said:
sportyg said:
"don't do the crime if you can't do the time"

Ok - Who did that quote come from and what TV show was he on when it was said (and it was said a lot).

1975 wants their quote back....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu