I’m back in Cali...Dove opener

ross1147

Nov 8, 2012
Hello all, haven’t posted on this forum since probably 2012-2013. The military sent me over seas then to Florida for the last 5 years. Well, got stationed back in San Diego in April and hit the ground running with hunting. Made it out to imperial valley for opening weekend of Dove and had one of the best shoots of my life! On Sunday I had my limit by 0628 and on Monday had it by 0655. We had 6 hunters Sunday and ended with 94 birds (4 eurasians) and Monday we had 3 hunters and finished with 45 birds. DEDEA70B-9977-4353-B865-259D82562BCF.jpegA6993DA0-1DB9-4BED-AA18-6A9F4EA755E1.jpeg

very nice, welcome home
thanks for your service.

First off thank you for service and welcome back. You found an A plus spot and then made the most of it. Nice!!

Good for you guys, good shooting.
Sounds like you got out of having to sit in that oppressive heat, by 10 it was pretty much unbearable!

Welcome back and congrats on a great hunt. Are you hunting G10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Msailor, nah, no G10. I’ve only flown over Camp Pen. It looks good but I wouldn’t know where to start? The few years I was down here before (2010-2013) I killed a deer every opening weekend in D16, so hoping to keep that streak alive. I have some leave scheduled here in 3 weeks to travel up and hunt B zone as well with my Dad. Probably won’t see a deer but should make for some good family time.

Reactions: msailor
Msailor, nah, no G10. I’ve only flown over Camp Pen. It looks good but I wouldn’t know where to start? The few years I was down here before (2010-2013) I killed a deer every opening weekend in D16, so hoping to keep that streak alive. I have some leave scheduled here in 3 weeks to travel up and hunt B zone as well with my Dad. Probably won’t see a deer but should make for some good family time.

Good luck on your planned hunts. Always great to hunt with family! If you ever want to know where to start let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ross1147

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu