Idaho Mule Deer Report- 2021

Boomstick

Nov 16, 2011
(Quick report before I leave for a 3rd season Colorado elk hunt tomorrow morning.)

We went up for the last 5 days of the general season and were very fortunate to kill the (2) best bucks we saw. Kenny was able to sneak in on his buck while he was thrashing a brush pile and hammer him at 210 yards. I spotted my buck beddded at 750 yards and was able to close in to 285 yards and shoot him in his comfy day bed. We are all lucky to have the opportunities to create these memories. Good luck to those of you who still have tags in your pocket!IMG_0495.jpegIMG_5989.jpegIMG_0500.jpegIMG_6041.jpegIMG_5957.jpegIMG_5969.jpegIMG_5949 (1).jpegIMG_0519 (1).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great hunt! Congratulations, not a bad idea with the pink ribbon on the antlers. I have heard some horror stories.

That one bucks G4’ turn in like fish hooks. That’s my favorite it looks so menacing

Reactions: Boomstick
Congratulations on some great bucks, how was Colorado third season for you? I was there as well and with the blue skies, dry weather and full moon it was a difficult hunt still passed on a number of bucks in that 160 class and below, but I kept passing and the hunting kept getting slower tell I ended up eating my tag. I wanted something in that mid 170 class range or better.

(Quick report before I leave for a 3rd season Colorado elk hunt tomorrow morning.)

We went up for the last 5 days of the general season and were very fortunate to kill the (2) best bucks we saw. Kenny was able to sneak in on his buck while he was thrashing a brush pile and hammer him at 210 yards. I spotted my buck beddded at 750 yards and was able to close in to 285 yards and shoot him in his comfy day bed. We are all lucky to have the opportunities to create these memories. Good luck to those of you who still have tags in your pocket!View attachment 52037View attachment 52038View attachment 52040View attachment 52044View attachment 52045View attachment 52046View attachment 52047View attachment 52048
Congrats on your successful hunt! May I ask what your rifle setup is?

Congratulations on some great bucks, how was Colorado third season for you? I was there as well and with the blue skies, dry weather and full moon it was a difficult hunt still passed on a number of bucks in that 160 class and below, but I kept passing and the hunting kept getting slower tell I ended up eating my tag. I wanted something in that mid 170 class range or better.
Thank you!. Appreciate the compliment. Our 3rd season was a tough hunt as well with the weather and moon phase, but we did manage to go 2 for 3 on bulls. The first 3 days of the season seemed to be the ticket for punching a tag. My two buddies killed on day 2 and 3. We never saw another legal bull after day 3..........
As far as your deer hunt went; Seeing that many quality bucks is impressive. It always seems like that next class of animal is going to be in the next canyon. Not sure i could keep passing those 160+ class mulies!

Reactions: baboltin

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu