Ideal hot weather clothing for hunting

Kuiu kutana pants work great and the Mesa vented shirt you will stay cool and dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuiu Tiburon pants and tops.

And Costco "Weatherproof" pants. I wear the Costco pants all the time. On sale at Costco right now for $14.99.

@Fallguy turned me on to them years ago. Just bought 2 more pair yesterday. Wearing as set fishing right now!

20240421_063310.jpg

Screenshot_20240421_063710_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I've been wanting to try the Kuiu Tiburon pants. I am hoping they will fit. Their other models were too tight on the thighs and crotch even after sizing up where the waist is loose but I have big legs. I love their Merino 120 top though, to me it breathes better than their Gila one.

KETL MTN has some breathable pants that are worth a look.

A pair of stretch pants from Wrangler with the color of your choice : $27
If you prefer a hunting brand the UA Ridge reaper pants have zippers on the legs : $100-$160
UA Iso-Chill Brush Line hoodie. They protect you from the sun, they dry really fast. $55.

$80 pants and top combo for hot weather is all you need. Or you can spend $400 and look cool.

I don't like Merino wool for really hot weather. Merino is delicate, is expensive and it doesn't dry fast enough. They are great for first layer on cold/cool days but IMO not for hot days.
Synthetic fabric dries a lot faster and it is surprisingly durable.

The Merino wool scent managing properties are legit, but to me, not worth the trade-off on hot days.

I prefer to spend the money on packs, boots, sleeping gear, glass and such.

Brandon,

I like Sitka Gear...I don't know the names of all their stuff (I think this is Sub Alpine), but I can tell you it's super durable, light weight, loose fit, and dries quickly in warm weather... :blush:

I really like the Wrangler all purpose pants that Wal-Mart carries...$26.95

IMG_9979.JPG

Hard to disagree with the responses. I’ve replaced/upgraded most of my clothing and accessories the last few years to Kuiu and its all great gear. If asking for pants, my favorite warm weather pants is for sure the Under Armour Ridge Reaper Raider. Extremely comfortable, lightweight, stretch, and cool for the hot early season days. The LS shirt is also great. Don’t mix up this Ridge Reaper Raider version with the “storm” version which I believe is for colder weather. Let us know what you end up with and what you think.

On a side note. I’ve found Under Armour to fit true while I often have to get the next size up for Kuiu.

All great responses! Light weight, Drys quick and tough to rip seems to be the opinions

The First Lite Trace has been by far the best gear for me in hot weather.

That's too bad to hear. I made it through last archery season with them, but that's all they've been used.

I have the Sitka Core Lightweight Hoodie and love it. Been using it for five hunting seasons so far and it still looks new. I love the integrated face mask and that it comes in tall sizes. It is my go-to every hunting trip base layer.

Last season I switched to the Sitka Intercept pant because it has hip vents like the SG De Haviland Lite pants I used to wear like @TRICER mentioned. I just am not a fan of the waistband on the SG pants, but they are super comfortable and well ventilated. The Intercept pants also have D3O kneepads which are way superior to the old foam kneepads. I'm very familiar with D3O from my motorcycle riding days.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu