If you could hunt any blind at Wister, which would you choose?

DirtHunter

Feb 11, 2019
Anahiem
I got a reservation for Wister coming up and git #2.
I have not hunted there, and my buddy has not been there in 10 years.

If I had a #1 or #2, the blind I'd choose is the one where the birds are at. I certainly wouldn't trust suggestions from the internet. You don't get draws like that very often. Take a vacation day from work & go scout it. If not, you're going in blind regardless & what may have been good last week or a producer earlier in the year, doesn't mean crap for the day you're going.

If it's just you & a buddy, invite someone who's there on a regular basis to go with you.

DH,

With all due respect, asking a question like this is going to bring out every joker on this site...Matt had the best and most honest answer...Get out early and scout the area the best you can...Stay on access roads and note where you see them...Trying to remember at dark-thirty can be intimidating.

ps...Send me a PM and I'll give you what I know (which ain't much these days.... ;) )

@DirtHunter

just invite @ilovesprig and @Hunter527 with you. I’d tell any of the people you were gonna have come sorry ain’t happening this time. The knowledge you will pick up and learn is priceless.

other wise You might as well have drawn #72

That would be a hunt for the ages!! I know a couple Wister spots! Lets just hope @Snake Charmer and @TwoCanSam aren’t over in the next blind skybusting!!
Little boy 527 with no clue... I don't care that you try and call me out, you are a joke on this forum at best and boring beyond that, Some of us have tried to help you but you just don't listen. I guess you have just not figured that out yet and probably never will. You might want to throttle back on the wine spritzers with your boy friend at night to avoid further stupidity for us to prey upon....

Reactions: TwoCanSam
Little boy 527 with no clue... I don't care that you try and call me out, you are a joke on this forum at best and boring beyond that, Some of us have tried to help you but you just don't listen. I guess you have just not figured that out yet and probably never will. You might want to throttle back on the wine spritzers with your boy friend at night to avoid further stupidity for us to prey upon....
Its weird for an experienced waterfowler to be this sensitive. Do you think most guys at your experience level react the same way you do?

I got a reservation for Wister coming up and git #2.
I have not hunted there, and my buddy has not been there in 10 years.
If you take this ridiculous thread down and let me know the date I'll send you up to date real info.

If you look at the map you can immediately discount half these jokes as they don't exist or you can't and wouldn't hunt there.

All, this thread I knew would be fun, thanks for the advice and the non-advice ;)
I'll post what we did the day afterwards. :D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu