If you could only have one shotgun

OK - I am still a blow-back fan (comes from many hours behind an Auto-5). I would have to say that it would be a 12 gauge Benelli M1 Super 90. I have put thousands of rounds through my M1's and never had any issues.

My buddy George who has been to Argentina more than 25+ times swears by the Browning B-2000.

Remington 870. Not as fast as the autos but it's the strongest action made. It never fails. That's why all the police agencies use them.

No question Smoke...a solid rig and proven non-the less! My son has shot allot of game with an 870. And a good friend has shot an unmentionable amount of winged critters with the 870. Great shotgun

Remington 870 Basic or Magnum Express 3 in with removable chokes and an extra scoped rifled 18" barrel .....

Seeing that I only have one, it would be my Browning BPS. (old school)

Nice choice...The BPS is solid. My son shoots one when hunting geese.

If I could only own one shotgun......It would be the Benelli Super Black Eagle ll...........Light enough to carry for upland. Heavy enough not to beat you up with the biggest of waterfowl loads......Points great and has been flawless in it's functionality.

For a pump gun, there is like no other than the 870.....Even my beloved Model 12's did't hunt like my old 870's.....Killed a lot of stuff with my old Wingmaster......Really liked the Upland Special 870 as well.

Attachments

• san diego 1976[1].jpg
    san diego 1976[1].jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 114
  • wister 12-83 513[1].jpg
    wister 12-83 513[1].jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 114
  • stoddard wells 1973[1].jpg
    stoddard wells 1973[1].jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 115
  • vail lake 1989[1].jpg
    vail lake 1989[1].jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Bosco and IV 1992[1].jpg
    Bosco and IV 1992[1].jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 20
I would be happy with any 12 GA autoloader that chambers 3 1/2 inch shells, has interchangeable chokes and is reliable.

Josh Pearson said:
I would be happy with any 12 GA autoloader that chambers 3 1/2 inch shells, has interchangeable chokes and is reliable.

Josh..........You just described the SBE ll...........It could be the last shotgun you'd need to purchase..........Not that that's a good thing........lol

ilovesprig said:
Josh Pearson said:

Josh..........You just described the SBE ll...........It could be the last shotgun you'd need to purchase..........Not that that's a good thing........lol

I sure did. lol.....I like my Browning Maxus but I would like a SBE ll as well.

ilovesprig said:
Josh Pearson said:

... love my Beretta 391 Xtrema for those same reasons :)

I would pick a Berretta A400 extreme...

Steve, I really dig those English stocked 870's and 1100's. Wish I had one, 24" barrel?

Huntndogs said:
I would pick a Berretta A400 extreme...

Steve, I really dig those English stocked 870's and 1100's. Wish I had one, 24" barrel?

Mike,

2 of the coolest little guns made.......They weren't light, but they were steady and pointed light no other......Owned both and just got rid of my last 1100.....Sold it to a friend. So, I could always get it back..... ;D

ps......As far as the Beretta......Having a 3rd boat oar is always handy......lol

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu