Impressed by Barnes TSX

I reload so I don't have a horse in this race but since hornady makes the bullet and the load I'd try them first........I've seen the 139 GMX ammo shoot very well out of the 7mm & the 130 gmx for the 270 as well......I reload only Barnes and I'll stick with them so I'm all over the place.......

You guys are crazy not to get into reloading with this lead ban it's easy fun & cheap..........after a boar I shot took over 10 rounds too kill I'd say it's going to be cheaper.......

John had a sale a few weeks ago for a starter kit for 300.........great deal hope someone bought it!

NBK said:
ilovesprig said:
Do Barnes TSX's come in any factory loads.....243, 270, or 30-06?

Barnes makes the .243 ammo in an 80 grain TTSX. It has a velocity of 3350 fps and the part number is #21522. Fine Firearms has it in stock.

Where's this Fine Firearms place?

And Mark......I take about 3 shots a year with rifles (And I've decided not to go to Montana).....Numbers just don't add up for me.

I know your a duck hunter........and duckers are different in a good way you guys make me laugh.....hope you find a good factory load option right off the bat but watch out this stuff is expensive you maybe in a lot more just trying to find a factory load that shoots well. It's gotten better but the pricing hasn't.

don't forget to document your scope settings for lead & copper loads I put it in my reload binder & in my rifle info

What?......They don't shoot the same as lead!.......I'll have to get them in closer. So, if I'm off by 6". I still kill 'em........ :p

You know......I'm only a ducker...... :D

Steve, I have a load worked up in 30-06 that shoots less than a dime out of my Model 70 Sporter. If you want to try a few let me know. They are the 130 Grain and the flat out smoke

Gab909 said:
Steve, I have a load worked up in 30-06 that shoots less than a dime out of my Model 70 Sporter. If you want to try a few let me know. They are the 130 Grain and the flat out smoke

Andy,

I will take you up on that............... 8)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu