Interesting article in Time Mag

Sdbirds said:
What area do u live

Poway. We are on a hill that slopes up to Twin Peaks. I've seen them here and in High Valley where some friends live, and heard them yipping like hyenas all over Blue Sky Reserve where I like to go hiking. Didn't realize how aggressive they were in suburban areas though with pets.

I enjoyed MJB's post about the particulars of how they behave with one big dog vs. two, sounds right on the money to me and it's why I'd like two decently-sized dogs, but the old man's not going for that yet...

Suburban Adventuress said:
Sdbirds said:
What area do u live
I enjoyed MJB's post about the particulars of how they behave with one big dog vs. two, sounds right on the money to me and it's why I'd like two decently-sized dogs, but the old man's not going for that yet...
Ya, that was very cool. Jagds are true hunters and awesome to watch when they are working.

Sent via Tapatalk

Anybody carry bear spray while bowhunting? A friend of mine gave me a can, it looks like potent stuff. I cant think of why it would be illegal. Im going to try and rig a pouch to carry it on my pack harness.
The lagunas are my back yard, havent seen a lion, but have seen lots of their tracks.
I have inlaws back in Maryland, they have an urban archery hunt with unlimited doe tags in the suburbs.

Boyd said:
Anybody carry bear spray while bowhunting? A friend of mine gave me a can, it looks like potent stuff. I cant think of why it would be illegal. Im going to try and rig a pouch to carry it on my pack harness.
The lagunas are my back yard, havent seen a lion, but have seen lots of their tracks.
I have inlaws back in Maryland, they have an urban archery hunt with unlimited doe tags in the suburbs.

Honestly I don't think you have a chance to use bear spray if a lion wanted you. I'd rather have a knife

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu