Its not over till its over !

Rodriiggs

Jul 13, 2018
I was sitting at home Friday night debating on which location to hit thinking most places had been run down by other hunters i was at a standstill. So i had to trust my gut and decided id go to a place that was fairly new to me and a place where i was just starting to learn the deers habits . So i woke up Saturday and Got to the glassing point before sunrise Me and my buddy first spotted him at about 1000 yards just as the sun was peaking over the horizon but He was on the move after a hot doe so we had to be quick . We analized the situation and quickly made a game plan . We rushed to a location where we thought we could intercept him but we were to late and he had already gone past that luckly my buddy was able to relocate one of his does and after a few minutes relocated him . I was able to set up at 430 yards and let em have it . Tag filled ✅FA8B7811-21E6-48FA-9D48-8F7056860B64.jpegCC6FE997-074C-4365-9C1C-CC0B787E2984.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
how old do you guys think this buck could be aged at ?

How warn are his teeth?...And even then, it's hard to tell because of a number of conditions (diet, soil content, etc.)...Did he have a little swale in his back, lower belly?...He appears to have a "Roman nose" and a very gray muzzle...Both traits that suggests he's older too....I'm guessing at 6-7.

How warn are his teeth?...And even then, it's hard to tell because of a number of conditions (diet, soil content, etc.)...Did he have a little swale in his back, lower belly?...He appears to have a "Roman nose" and a very gray muzzle...Both traits that suggests he's older too....I'm guessing at 6-7.
E7DBCF46-F661-4196-8974-82D028737386.jpeg

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu