I've lost my best friend.

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
The hardest thing I have ever had to do and I have done it too many time. He bought me so much joy both in the field and at home. He ws such a special boy. This is one will hurt for a long time. I love you'd buddy, you were special. Your best buddy, Dad.Resized_20221005_160536-1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate this!! Sorry John...As we all know..never easy...God Speed.. Hang tuff Buddy..

Sorry John for your loss, The hardest thing we do when we have a pet is to lose them to the shorter life than we have. Been there and done that many times. Take comfort in the fact you did your job and took you pup from beginning to end, You can also take comfort that you had the privelidge to decide when it as time to send him on and end his troubles. He was there with you all the way and I'm sure he took comfort in your last words to him and went to rest easily with you're arm's around him while he left.... Give it time and somewhere along the way you might be ready for another...

Reactions: garlicsalt
This hits home as the season approaches. Lost 2 dogs last year, one my dad's best dog, a Master Hunter, chocolate like yours. That pic reminds me of myself doing that same thing. Dogs are family. Remember the great times. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. He was an amazing friend and companion, a great hunter that hunted to please me every time we went out and please me he did. this one will hurt for a long time, not only because of how amazing he was, but also because he is my last one. After having the pleasure of having many GSPs over five decades, they are simply fantastic animals. my hunting dog days are over. I told the wife, I don't want to have a dog who will out live me, it wouldn't be the right thing to do. Thanks again.

My eyes still tear up remembering my best four legged friends that have gone ahead. I look back on all the times in the field. They say time heals all wounds not this one.My heart goes out to you. As you have read ,all of your fellow hunting brothers and sisters feel the pain.

I don't enjoy seeing these post. It hits me hard. So sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. They are all special and most are more than special. Bless you and fam.

Godspeed.....

Sorry bro

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu