junior hunters first kill

Snake Charmer

Happiness is a warm gut pile
Oct 13, 2011
San Diego
www.highonkennels.com
We had Ed Zieralski from the Union Trib up to the ranch this weekend guiding a junior hunter, They got skunked the first day after my kook neighbor harassed them from across the fence and scared the birds off so they came back this morning and put a tom on the ground in less than 45 minutes. 8 plus inch beard with 3/4" spurs, It was his first turkey and he was stoked, he shot him at thirty two yards, I watched it happen from my shop as I was preparing to leave for a snake training clinic. Talk about a kid with an ear to ear grin it was very cool to see the next generation get some! I was in a hurry and didn't have time for my camera so I'll get Ed to send me pictures to post later.

That's awsome nothing better than women and children gettin some we should see that boy's picture in the paper soon.

Hi Fred

I was subbing in for Ed on Saturday helping Brandon. What a bummer, we had the birds running across the road toward us when a guy pulled up in a rhino and posted signs. Lol. But thank you very much for letting me on your property to guide Brandon, you have an amazing place up there. I'm glad that he got his gobbler today, we worked him all day yesterday and had some close calls where he would come near us but right out of shooting lane.

I had an absolute blast! Thanks Fred!

Yeah really small world. I had a blast trying to get those birds to come in, thanks for the opportunity Fred!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu