junior opener this weekend, whos going...?

Drew,

And I'll be out as well... ;)...Again, nobody is saying don't turkey hunt. Just be aware that our turkeys are in rough shape overall.....Shooting egg laying hens (bearded) in the spring certainly doesn't help our situation IMO.

I'll have a hard time passing on a longbeard and probably would not if the opportunity arose, but I won't shoot jakes or bearded hens. My choice; no judgment whatsoever against anyone who takes jakes or hens.

IMO the hens have been breed/nesting that are in big flocks so the Toms & jakes are silent and on the move looking for some strange.......we are again a few weeks late to the party but this is when it's fun....if you put the time into your hunt it will pay off. I just hope the grass grows to give them half a chance & a few more water holes wouldn't hurt.

Good luck everyone and be safe!

MJB said:
we are again a few weeks late to the party but this is when it's fun....if you put the time into your hunt it will pay off. I just hope the grass grows to give them half a chance & a few more water holes wouldn't hurt.

Good luck everyone and be safe!
Agreed were late. I heard maybe 10 gobbles all weekend from the same 2 birds they gave me the slip Saturday but one made his fatal mistake Sunday after hunting until hunting time ended Saturday and with 20 minutes to spare I killed one Sunday. It pays off to put your time in and you'll kill one it'll be harder during regular season but hunt everyday you can and you'll be greatly rewarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu