Just out of curiosity, how did you find out about the SCH website?

I was surfing bird hunting and I came to find this site. On Jesse Hunting site, I go by the Nom de Guerre: Perdizgunner.

Reactions: Moves and NBK
I got a biz card at my LGS in La Mesa. It was for this site. That was probably 2014~2015. I lurked off and on for a while before joining in 2016, posted a few times, then went back to lurking, mostly :confused:. So in summary...it was the business card.

The kids are getting older and less interested in me, so I'll probably get back to being more active in the various forums and this one is nice since it's close to home.

Reactions: ilovesprig and NBK
I got a biz card at my LGS in La Mesa. It was for this site. That was probably 2014~2015. I lurked off and on for a while before joining in 2016, posted a few times, then went back to lurking, mostly :confused:. So in summary...it was the business card.

The kids are getting older and less interested in me, so I'll probably get back to being more active in the various forums and this one is nice since it's close to home.

Glad you came back.

Bought a crossbow, hit a bullseye at 50 yards, figured I should try out this hunting thing and accidentally googled my way here researching wild pig hunts in southern cali. More or less in that order. What a treasure trove this site is! Look forward to digging in and learning from you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sle,

Welcome to SCH....Not many (if any) pigs in SoCal, but that crossbow can be deadly for deer here during the rifle season.

Reactions: sleipnir
Sle,

Welcome to SCH....Not many (if any) pigs in SoCal, but that crossbow can be deadly for deer here during the rifle season.

Thanks! I'll definitely be on the prowl during rifle season, was thinking I might actually get a rifle as well since its probably a slightly easier start. But boy that crossbow is fun to shoot!

Quick question. If you lived in L.A. and wanted to start hunting, what would be the first thing you'd do (post hunters-ed)?

Thanks! I'll definitely be on the prowl during rifle season, was thinking I might actually get a rifle as well since its probably a slightly easier start. But boy that crossbow is fun to shoot!

Quick question. If you lived in L.A. and wanted to start hunting, what would be the first thing you'd do (post hunters-ed)?

Rifles and shotguns are fun to shoot too...Read the hunting regulations thoroughly, pick an area/zone, and invest in OnXMaps.

ps....And ask lots of questions here....;)

Reactions: sleipnir
my two cents... what all the veteran/experts say: SCOUT out locations and log your findings. try and take a friend, water and a gun (its now rabbit season and for safety). Scouting most times is a luxury but pays off more than anything,

Reactions: Moves and sleipnir
Just for the sake of argument mind you... I saw Argent's post about east coast bashing California: I have had many partners from the east coast and they tell me about tree stands and close up shots at deer. I have also been lucky enough to be all over the beautiful east coast of our great nation, but give me mountainous terrain any day with all its challenges, allure, mystique and danger for hunting.

They are rescue dogs. But they do tell me when a ring tail rattlesnake is in the yard.
Three this year. I'm not trying to to compete with you Cali. We are Cali.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu